Isaac Hempstead Wright
|Isaac Hempstead Wright|
|Born||Isaac William Hempstead
9 April 1999
Isaac Hempstead Wright (born Isaac William Hempstead; 9 April 1999) is an English actor. He is best known for his role as Bran Stark on the HBO series Game of Thrones, which earned him a Young Artist Award nomination as Best Young Supporting Actor in a TV Series.
Isaac Hempstead Wright was born 9 April 1999 in Kent, England. Currently living in Broadstairs. Hempstead Wright had no interest in acting until he joined a drama club to avoid playing football on Saturday mornings during the cold months of the year.
Hempstead Wright started acting in commercials and studied acting at the Kent Youth Theatre in Canterbury. He made his film debut The Awakening, but his big break came, when he played Bran Stark in the hit television series Game of Thrones. He was part of the initial starring cast and remained member of the starring cast for the second, third and fourth seasons which earned him two Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations as Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series at the 18th and 20th Screen Actors Guild Awards. He has appeared in the first four broadcast seasons but did not reprise the role in Season 5.
Hempstead Wright also starred in the 2013 crime thriller Closed Circuit. In February 2014, Laika announced that he provided the voice of Eggs in the 3D stop motion animated fantasy-comedy film, The Boxtrolls.
|2013||Closed Circuit||Tom Rose|
|2014||The Boxtrolls||Eggs||Voice and movement|
|2011–present||Game of Thrones||Bran Stark||Main Role (Seasons 1-4, 6-), 25 episodes|
Episode: "Chap Stewie"
Awards and nominations
|2011||Scream Awards||Best Ensemble||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
|2011||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
|2013||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actor||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
|2013||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
- Robin Kawakami (14 February 2015). "WSJ Interview". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Isaac Hempstead Wright". BoyActors. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "2013 NOMINATIONS". Young Artist Awards. 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Isaac Hempstead-Wright biography". Starpulse.com. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Isaac Hempstead-Wright: Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved 25 April 2014. Archived 16 February 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "'Game of Thrones' showrunner explains why Bran is not in season 5". Entertainment Weekly. 5 November 2014. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "CLOSED CIRCUIT (2013)". BBFC. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "How school decision changed the life of Game of Thrones superstar". KOS Media. 12 April 2014. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Scream Awards 2011". Spike. Archived from the original on 31 March 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
|This article about a British television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|