|Isaac C. Naylor|
|Mayor of Dallas, Texas|
April 1858 – August 1858
|Preceded by||John McClannahan Crockett|
|Succeeded by||A. D. Rice|
July 1, 1824|
Morgan County, Ohio
|Died||April 16, 1885
|Resting place||City Cemetery, Galveston, Texas|
|Children||Edward Wood Naylor, Isaac B. Naylor, Charles H. Naylor|
Born in Morgan County, Ohio to Jonathan Naylor and Jane Marshall, Isaac Naylor graduated from Marietta College in Ohio in 1851. Leaving Ohio, he traveled to Texas as a teacher arriving in Lavaca County in 1852. He operated an academy in Galveston, Texas  until 1856 and studied law with Sherwood & Goddard there. He was admitted to the bar in 1857.
He moved to Dallas, Texas to practice law. There he joined the Tannehill Lodge No. 52, A. F. and A. M. and served as its secretary. He was elected mayor of Dallas in 1858.
Returning to Galveston, he married Henrietta Wood, daughter of Edward Stout Wood and Ann Outterside on 15 Sept 1858. During the Civil War he left his family in Galveston and moved to California and later New York because his sympathies were with the Union. Isaac Naylor returned to Galveston where he was a clerk, bookkeeper and merchant. In 1876, he was granted a license to practice law in the State of Florida for one year.
He died April 16, 1885 and was interred in City Cemetery, Galveston, Texas.
- Voter Registration of 1867-1869 Reel 8 (microfilm). Vol. 19 (Kendall County) to Vol 22 (Matagorda County)Lavaca County, No. 812
- Voter Registration of 1867-1869 Reel 7 (microfilm). Vol. 11 (Fort Bend County) to Vol 14 (Grayson County) Galveston County No. 2972
- Marietta College. General catalogue, Marietta college, 1835-1887. Marietta, Ohio: E. R. Alderman & Sons, 1888. p.25 accessed Google Books 1 Dec 2010
- Galveston Weekly News (Galveston, Tex.), Vol. 13, No. 31, Ed. 1, p. 3, col. 6, Tuesday, October 21, 1856; digital images, (http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth79869 : accessed December 01, 2010), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, http://texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, Austin, Texas.
- "Isaac C. Naylor elected Mayor and Andrew M. Moore, Marshall." Dallas Daily News April, 1858.
- Galveston County, Texas, Marriage Record, Vol. B (1850-1859)FHL Reel #1008865
- Mrs. H. W. Naylor. "The John Naylor Family of Pennsylvania." The "Old Northwest" Genealogical Quarterly, Vol. 11 (April 1908), p. 118.
- Naylor Family Papers. The Rosenberg Library, Galveston
- Index to Galveston Death and Burial Records 1880s-1910. (microfilm) Note: he is indexed as "Taylor."
- "Special Notice. Members of Harmony Lodge No. 5." Galveston Daily News. April 17, 1885, p.2