Philippine Associated Smelting and Refining Corp.
Map of Leyte with Isabel highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||4th district of Leyte|
|• Mayor||Marcos Gregorio M. Cerillo|
|• Vice Mayor||Dodong Pinar|
|• Total||64.01 km2 (24.71 sq mi)|
|• Density||680/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
The town was created from the barrios of Quiot, Sta. Cruz, Libertad, Matlang, Tolingon, Bantigue, Apale and Jonan from the town of Mérida by virtue of Republic Act No. 191.
- Marvel (Pob.)
- Monte Alegre
- Puting Bato
- San Francisco
- San Roque
- Santa Cruz Relocation
- Santo Niño (Pob.)
- Santo Rosario
|Population census of Isabel|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Isabel is an industrialized town in Eastern Visayas, home to the Leyte Industrial Development Estate (LIDE). Some of the companies located there are the Philippine Phosphate Fertilizer Corp. (PHILPHOS), Philippine Associated Smelting and Refining Corp. (PASAR), and Lepanto Mining Corp. It has earned its moniker as "Saudisabel" because of the high availability of jobs. As a result, Isabelanons enjoy a relatively high standard of living.
Isabel is home of LIDE Learning Center (LLCI), a prestigious institution. Isabel has one institution of higher learning which is the Visayas State University–Isabel Campus. It offers undergraduate degrees in education, industrial engineering,mechanical engineering, agri-business and information technology and various two-year technological courses that caters the need of the local and national industry.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System