|The New York Times, The Jerusalem Report|
|Children||Gavriel and Lev (sons)|
Previously, Kershner was Senior Editor, Middle East, The Jerusalem Report magazine. She has also written for The New Republic and provided commentary on Middle East affairs on radio, including the BBC.
Kershner has been accused of pro-Israel bias in her coverage and her hiring to report on Israeli-Palestinian issues has been denounced as conflict of interest since her son has served in the IDF in recent years and her husband, Hirsh Goodman, is an employee at The Institute for National Security Studies, which promotes a better image of Israel, and which Kershner often relies on as a source. Kershner has been a featured speaker in the Israel Hasbara Committee. Her reporting has been denounced by the progressive media watch Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting for allegedly paying disproportionate attention to killings of Israeli soldiers at the expense of Arabs and Iranians, omitting Israeli violations of ceasefires with Hamas, the biggest Gaza militia, and falsely presenting such violations as merely reactions to the actions of Palestinians, and giving free rein for anonymous Israeli sources to defame Palestinian hunger strikes in Israeli prisons as terrorists.
Kershner has also been accused of anti-Israel bias in her coverage of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict by the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America, a pro-Israel media outfit with a record of improperly manipulating content on Wikipedia, for downplaying Palestinian terrorism, covering up incitement to violence by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and promoting anti-Israel bias using the journalism technique of "first-last reporting".
- Barrier: The Seam of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2005. ISBN 1-4039-6801-2 ISBN 978-1403968012
- Weiss, P.; Horowitz, A. (27 October 2014). "Another New York Times' reporter's son is in the Israeli army". MondoWeiss.
- CBC Radio Show Program Logs: The Sunday Edition, 2 April 2006. Accessed 25 February 2007.
- Goodman, Hirsh. Let me create a paradise, God said to himself: A Journey of Conscience from Johannesburg to Jerusalem. Perseus Book Group, 2005. ISBN 1-58648-243-2, ISBN 978-1-58648-243-5.
- "Isabel Kershner". Electronic Intifada.
- "New Conflict of Interest at NYT Jerusalem Bureau". Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting. May 1, 2012.
- "NYT's Kershner and Bronner are listed as authors by 'Israel Hasbara Committee'". MondoWeiss. 24 February 2010.
- JIM NAURECKAS (28 January 2015). "Attack on Israeli Soldiers 'Most Serious Flare-Up in Years'–if Arab Deaths Aren't Taken Seriously". FAIR.
- PETER HART (3 April 2013). "Misreporting Israel/Gaza Cease-Fire".
- JIM NAURECKAS (9 October 2012). "NYT Reverses Time to Put Retaliation Before Attack in Gaza". FAIR.
- JIM NAURECKAS (22 February 2012). "New NYT Rule: Anonymous Govt Sources Can Call Their Critics Terrorists". FAIR.
- "NYT Veers From Downplaying Palestinian Terrorism - but Only Online". Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America. October 7, 2015.
- "After Jerusalem Massacre, New York Times covers up Abbas' Incitement". Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America. November 18, 2014.
- "NY Times's Page-One Anti-Israel Bias". Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America. July 9, 2014.
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|