Isabel Larrañaga Ramírez
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Venerable Isabel of the Heart of Jesus|
November 19, 1836|
Manila, Captaincy General of the Philippines
|Died||January 17, 1899Havana Cuba(aged 62)|
|Venerated in||Roman Catholic Church|
Isabel Larrañaga Ramirez (aka "Isabel of the Heart of Jesus") is a Venerable in the Roman Catholic Church. She was born in Manila, Philippines. Her cause for beatification is currently underway with saint protocol number: 994. The actors for her cause is Hermanas de la Caridad del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús of Spain. She is the foundress of The Sisters of Charity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Venerable Isabel Ramirez was born on 19 November 1836 in Manila, Philippines, she is the youngest among ten children, Isabel was born in Manila on November 19, 1836 to Juan Andres Ma. de Larranaga (the Military Governor of Manila at that time) and Isabel Ramirez Patino. She has Spanish parents and she is a Filipina by birth and by virtue of citizenship. She was baptized in San Miguel de Arcangel in Malacanang 30 days after her birth.
In 1855, with her mother and brother, Francisco Adrian, they went to Lima, Peru. Isabel, who was already 18 years old during that time, dedicated her time to the apostolate. Seven years later, she and her mother went back to Spain, and they resided in Madrid.
In 1894 Mother Isabel sent a religious expedition to Cuba in spite of the delicate political situation during that time. During her second trip to Cuba, she suffered from heart problems which was aggravated with sufferings from the war which eventually led to her death on January 17, 1899. She left a flourishing Institute that, after her death, has extended on the following nations: Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Peru, Chile.
Cause of Beatification
On 17 December 1982 her Beatification cause was formally opened by Pope John Paul II; thereby, bestowing upon her the title of "Servant of God ISABEL LARRAÑAGA RAMÍREZ, ("ISABEL OF THE HEART OF JESUS")". Seventeen Years later on 26 March 1999, Servant of God Ramirez was elevated to venerable by Pope John Paul II.
This is the Process for Sainthood of Mo. Isabel of the Heart of Jesus
- Diocese of Competent Bishop: Madrid
- CCS Protocol No: 994
- Type of Cause:Heroic Virtues
- Opening of Informative Process: 1957
- Closing of Informative Process: 1962
- Nihil Obstat to Initiate Cognitional Process: 17 December 1982
- opening of Cognitional process: 9 May 1983
- closing of Cognitional process: 1 June 1985
- Decree on Validity of Cognitional Process: 20 December 1985
- Submission of Prositio to CCS: 1991
- Particular Meeting of Theological Consultors: 6 March 1998
- Session of Cardinal and Bishop Members of the CCS: 19 January 1999
- Veneration: 26 March 1999
- Postulator: Rev. Romualdo Rodrigo Lozano, OAR
- Petitioner: Hermanas de la Caridad del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús, C/ Jorge Juan, 165, 28028 Madrid, SPAIN
- Website: www.hcorazonistas.org
Petitioners of Mother Isabel
- Rita Josefa Pujalte Sanchez (Rita of Our Lady of Sorrows)
- Francsica Aldea Araujo (Francisca of the Heart of Jesus)
- Hermelinda Simon Prieto (Hermelinda of the Heart of Jesus)
|This Catholicism-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|