Life and Work
Isabel Mundry was born in Schlüchtern (Germany) in 1963 and studied composition at the Hochschule der Künste and electronic music, musicology and history at the Berlin Technische Universität. From 1991 to 1994 she taught at the Hochschule der Künste Berlin and furthered her studies in Frankfurt with Hans Zender and later researched at the IRCAM in Paris. In addition to her teaching activities in Berlin, she held teaching appointments in Zürich and at the Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts.
Isabel Mundry was the first resident composer of the Staatskapelle in Dresden. She previously held a similar position at the Tong Yong Festival, the Lucerne Festival and the Mannheim National Theater.
Mundry's compositions are characterized by a highly individualized musical language, full of variants and nuances: "She hardly ever repeats herself; each time, sounds and sequences of sounds are articulated differently." Isabel Mundry's work is currently published by Breitkopf & Härtel.
- Boris Blacher Composition Award from Berlin University of the Arts and Hochschule für Musik "Hanns Eisler"
- 1994 Busoni Award (de) of the Academy of Arts, Berlin
- Kranichsteiner Music Award (de) of the Darmstädter Ferienkurse
- 1996: Schneider-Schott Music Prize with Moritz Eggert
- 2001: Composer Award of the Ernst von Siemens Music Prize
- 2012: Zender Award  with Martin Zenck 
- "Isabel Munry". Breitkopf & Härtel. Retrieved 14 August 2009.
- "Isabel Mundry Bio". kairos-music.com. Retrieved 14 August 2009.
- Andreas Dorschel, ‘Mundrys Nuancen’, in Salzburg Biennale 2015, ed. Heike Hoffmann (Salzburg: Salzburg Biennale, 2015), pp. 62 – 64, p. 64
- "Isabel Mundry". Breitkopf & Härtel. Retrieved 14 August 2009.
- "Zender Prize for Isabel Mundry and Martin Zenck". de:BR Klassik. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- "Kurzbiographie Martin Zenck". University of Würzburg ( de:Universität Würzburg ). Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- List of works by Isabel Mundry from Musinfo - The Database of Swiss Music
- A biography on IRCAM's website (French)
- Works of Isabel Mundry published by Breitkopf & Härtel
- Werke von Isabel Mundry in the German National Library catalogue
- Andreas Dorschel: Mundrys Nuancen (2015)