Isabel Township, Fulton County, Illinois
Location in Fulton County
Fulton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||29.37 sq mi (76.1 km2)|
|• Land||29.23 sq mi (75.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.48%|
|Elevation||495 ft (151 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||183|
|• Density||6.6/sq mi (2.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||61441, 61501, 61542 62644|
- 1 Administration history
- 2 Local government
- 3 Geography
- 4 Demographics
- 5 School districts
- 6 Political districts
- 7 References
- 8 External links
|Jeremiah Farris||1850-51||William Farris||1866-69|
|Robert Carter||1852-53||Josiah Hendee||1870|
|William Craig||1854-55||T.B. Duncan||1871|
|Alex Freeman||1856-57||John Lane||1872|
|Robert Carter||1858||Robert K. Walker||1873|
|Alex Freeman||1859||James M. Lane||1874-75|
|C.J. Dilworth||1860||Robert G. Mulica||1876|
|John Lane||1861-64||James Foutch||1877-79|
- Jesse Benson……....1850 Robert G. Mulica..1872-73
- William Craig.....1860 Jesse Benson.........1874-77
- Jesse Benson......1861-69 Stephen J. Benson.1878
- Roland C. Benson..1870 Thomas Brown......1879
- Hugh Murrey… …...1871
- Greg Juergens (2005-Present)
- Dennis Barr (2001-2005)
- Gary Crum (1989-2001) Appointed
- Larry Tarvin (?) Resigned
- Carl Gowdy (?)
- Janice Colglazier (2008-Present)
- Pat Robinson (1988-2008)
- Robert Kessler (2017-Present)
- Gary Whitmore (2015-2017) Appointed
- Matt Stephens (2013-2015) Resigned
- Dennis Barr (2005-2013)
- Ed Weatherford (1997-2005)
- Carrol Weaver (1980-1997)
- Monty Graham ( - Present)
- Craig Porter ( -Present)
- Pat Colglazier (2008-Present)
- Chase Evans (2017-Present
P.O. Box 168 Lewistown, IL. 61542
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.37 square miles (76.1 km2), of which 29.23 square miles (75.7 km2) (or 99.52%) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (or 0.48%) is water.
Existing towns (unincorporated)
- Duncan Mills - Duncan’s Mills is a small place of business with a post office on the Spoon River, deriving its name from the gris-tmill at the point formerly owned and operated by George Duncan, an early settler there, and a very highly respected citizen. From 1840 to 1855, perhaps for a greater length of time, his was the largest grist-mill within a radius of 15 to 20 miles.
- Spoon River village
- West Havana
- Point Isabel was an old shipping point on the Illinois River, at the mouth of the Spoon River and directly across from Havana, and was the southern terminus of the Fulton County Narrow Gauge railway connecting to Fairview and Galesburg.
- Bessler's Station (aka Barrett's Station) was a station on the Narrow Gauge Railroad until 1910.
The township contains six cemeteries: Duncan, Farris, Foutch, Freeman, Kearney and Otto.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Lewistown School District 97
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- "Isabel Township, Fulton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.