Isabella Indian Reservation
|Isabella Indian Reservation|
Isabella Indian Reservation,Isabella County, Michigan.
Michigan's location in the United States.
|• Governing body||Tribal Council|
|• Tribal Chief||Fred Cantu|
|• Tribal Sub-Chief||Tim Davis|
|• Total||217.67 sq mi (563.8 km2)|
|Elevation||745 ft (227 m)|
|• Density||120/sq mi (47/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1618873|
|Website||Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe|
The Isabella Indian Reservation is the primary land base of the federally recognized Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Nation, located in Isabella County in the central part of the U.S. state of Michigan. The tribe also has some small parcels of off-reservation trust land in Standish Township, Arenac County, near Saginaw Bay and southeast of the city of Standish. Tribal lands are held in trust by the federal government on behalf of the nation.
The Tribe entered into an agreement with the state to expand its law enforcement jurisdiction to enforce laws on its members. This expanded area is for law enforcement on its members only and not the Mt. Pleasant community as a whole.
- Beal City (in Nottawa Township)
- Loomis (in Wise Township)
- Mount Pleasant (part, population 8,741)
- Rosebush (in Isabella Township)
- Weidman (part in Nottawa Township, population 292)
- Chippewa Township (part)
- Deerfield Township
- Denver Township
- Isabella Township
- Mount Pleasant (part; city that is not included in any other township)
- Nottawa Township
- Standish Township, Arenac County (very small parts of the township)
- Union Township (part)
- Wise Township
- Tribal Council
- Isabella Reservation and Off-Reservation Trust Land, Michigan
- "Isabella Indian Reservation". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Isabella Reservation, MI". Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 22, 2013.