|Book||Book of Isaiah|
|Bible part||Old Testament|
|Order in the Bible part||23|
Isaiah 22 is the twenty-second chapter of the Book of Isaiah in the Hebrew Bible or the Old Testament of the Christian Bible. This book contains the prophecies attributed to the prophet Isaiah, and is a part of the Book of the Prophets. This chapter contains a prophecy against "untimely rejoicing in Jerusalem"  and "a threefold prediction of Shebna's fall, of Eliakim's elevation, and of Eliakim's fall".
Some most ancient manuscripts containing this chapter in Hebrew language:
- Masoretic Text (10th century)
- Dead Sea Scrolls: (2nd century BC) 
Ancient translations in Koine Greek:
The New King James Version organises this chapter as follows:
Valley of Vision
- He removed the protection of Judah.
- You looked in that day to the armor of the House of the Forest;
"The House of the Forest of Lebanon" was the name for one of the buildings established by King Solomon in Jerusalem, within his palace complex (1 Kings 7:2-5), which used a great amount of cedar wood from Lebanon for the "pillars, beams, and roofing material", thus looking like a "forest".
- He built the house of the forest of Lebanon; its length was 100 cubits and its width 50 cubits and its height 30 cubits, on four rows of cedar pillars with cedar beams on the pillars.
Judgments against Shebna
- That steward there ...
Eliakim, "the peg driven into a firm place", will also be removed from office in due course.
- Eliakim son of Hilkiah
- Shebna inscription
- Related Bible parts: 1 Kings 7, 2 Kings 16, 2 Kings 18, 2 Kings 19, Isaiah 36, Isaiah 37, Revelation 3
- J. D. Davis. 1960. A Dictionary of the Bible. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Book House.
- Theodore Hiebert, et al. 1996. The New Interpreter's Bible: Volume VI. Nashville: Abingdon.
- Subheading in Jerusalem Bible to Isaiah 22:1-8
- Keil and Delitsch OT Commentary on Isaiah 22, accessed 9 April 2018
- Dead sea scrolls - Isaiah
- Timothy A. J. Jull; Douglas J. Donahue; Magen Broshi; Emanuel Tov (1995). "Radiocarbon Dating of Scrolls and Linen Fragments from the Judean Desert". Radiocarbon. 37 (1): 14. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges on Isaiah 22, accessed 8 April 2018
- Jerusalem Bible: Isaiah 22:1,5
- Isaiah 22:8
- 1Kings 7:2
- Butler, Trent C., editor, 'House of the Forest of Lebanon', Holman Bible Dictionary. Broadman & Holman, 1991. ISBN 978-1558190535