|Country||Democratic Republic of Congo|
Isangi is a territory of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It is located in the Tshopo District to the west of Kisangani, and mostly to the south of the Congo River. The largest community is Yangambi. Other communities are Isangi, Ligasa and Yanonge. The village of Yaboila was the scene of the murder in 1905 by Topoke people of two white officers of the Lomami Company, which led to severe reprisals.
Results of the DRC presidential election of 2011 for Isangi Territory:
- Joseph Kabila (Ind) 88.8%
- Étienne Tshisekedi (UDPS) 5.5%
- Vital Kamerhe (UNC) 1.6%
- Jean Andeka (ANCC) 0.9%
- Adam Bombolé (Ind) 0.8%
- François Joseph Mobutu (UDEMO) 0.6%
- François Nicéphore Kakese (URDC) 0.5%
- Antipas Mbusa (Ind) 0.4%
- Oscar Kashala (UREC) 0.3%
- Léon Kengo (UFC) 0.3%
- Josué Alex Mukendi (Ind) 0.3%
Isangi Territory is represented in the National Assembly by three deputies:
- Dieudonné Bolengetenge (MSR)
- Albert Botombula (AFDC)
- Jacques Asumani (UNADEF)
- "Carte des Districts et Territoires de l'ORIENTALE" (PDF). Reliefweb. October 2002. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- Boingaoli, Bilusa Baila (1993). "Recherche sur l'identité ethnique du peuple Topoke (haut-zaire)". Civilizations. 41. ISSN 2032-0442. Retrieved 2011-10-08. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Boingaoli" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
|This Democratic Republic of the Congo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|