NAIP aerial image, 15 June 2006
|Owner||City of Fort Payne|
|Serves||Fort Payne, Alabama|
|Elevation AMSL||877 ft / 267 m|
Isbell Field (FAA LID: 4A9) is a city-owned public-use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) north of the central business district of Fort Payne, a city in DeKalb County, Alabama, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Isbell Field covers an area of 126 acres (51 ha) at an elevation of 877 feet (267 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 4/22 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,001 by 100 feet (1,524 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 12, 2009, the airport had 16,470 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 45 per day. At that time there were 56 aircraft based at this airport: 82% single-engine, 13% multi-engine and 5% jet.
It was named for John Birdwell Isbell, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 4A9 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 3 June 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 1 (PDF, 1.33 MB) Archived 2011-08-06 at the Wayback Machine.. Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Airfield photos for 4A9 from Civil Air Patrol
- Aerial image as of 18 February 1997 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 4A9, effective March 30, 2017
- Resources for this airport: