Iseki's Tokyo headquarters
|Traded as||TYO: 6310|
|Headquarters||Matsuyama, Ehime, 799-2692
Arakawa, Tokyo (Tokyo headquarters), Japan
|Revenue||US$ 1.4 billion) (FY 2016)|
JPY 2.8 billion (FY 2016)(US$ 25 million) (FY 2016)
Number of employees
|5,853 (consolidated, as of December 31, 2016)|
|Footnotes / references
Iseki & Co., Ltd. (井関農機株式会社 Iseki Nōki Kabushiki-Gaisha), based in Matsuyama and Tokyo, Japan, is the third largest Japanese agricultural machinery manufacturing company. Its products include tractors, planting and harvesting machinery, components, and engines.
Iseki began building tractors in 1961. Its tractors have been and are sold worldwide under various brands: AGCO, Bolens, Challenger, Massey Ferguson and White. Some models sold in Japan have been built by Landini of Italy and by Massey Ferguson in France.
Iseki have changed the way grass clippings are collected on their garden tractors. Unlike most machines where the grass is forced up over the transmission and other elements, the Iseki tractor has a system where the transmission is passed to the wheels by a series of chains, much like a rice paddy tractor.
- Iseki global website (in English)
- "Company Outline". Iseki & Co. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Weidemann kooperiert mit Iseki in Japan" [Weidemann cooperates with Iseki in Japan]. Profi-Magazin für Agrartechnik (in German). Landwirtschaftsverlag Münster. August 10, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- World Eye Reports (December 9, 2016). "World Eye Reports - Belgium" (PDF). The Japan Times. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Iseki to expand Indonesian tractor plant to lift supply to US". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. August 18, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Asian Company Handbook. Toyo Keizai. 1992. p. 650.
- "Sino-Japanese venture to start up new farming machinery brand". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. April 18, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2018.