- Not to be confused with Philippines-based department store Isetann.
|Fate||Merged with Mitsukoshi Ltd.|
|Successor||Isetan Mitsukoshi Ltd.|
|Founded||1886, Hatagomachi, Kanda (Sotokanda, Chūō), Tokyo, Japan as Iseya Tanji Gofukuten|
|Defunct||April 1, 2011|
|Headquarters||14-1 Shinjuku 3-chōme, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan|
|Parent||Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd. (100%)|
Isetan (伊勢丹 Isetan?) (TYO: 8238 unlisted on March 26, 2008, SGX: I15) is a Japanese department store. Based in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Isetan has branches throughout Japan and East Asia, including Phnom Penh, Bangkok, Jinan, Kaohsiung, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Shanghai, Singapore and Tianjin and formerly in Hong Kong, London, and Vienna.
Branches in Japan
- Shinjuku flagship store
The Isetan flagship store in Shinjuku is considered to be one of the most influential department stores in Japan. The store is often first with showcasing new trends and new products. In particular, the fashion and food floors are thought to be very trendsetting.
Behind the main store, there is a whole building dedicated to Mens Fashion ("Men's Isetan")
- Niigata Isetan (Chūō-ku, Niigata, operated by Niigata Isetan Mitsukoshi, Ltd.)
- Shizuoka Isetan (Aoi-ku, Shizuoka)
- West Japan Railway Isetan Ltd.
- Iwataya (Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, operated by Iwataya Mitsukoshi Ltd.)
- HaMaYa Department Store (Nagasaki)
Branches outside Japan
Branches in Southeast Asia
- Bangkok (CentralWorld)
- Kuala Lumpur - (Suria KLCC, Lot 10, The Gardens at Mid Valley City), Selangor - (1 Utama Shopping Centre)
- Singapore (Wisma Atria, Westgate, Shaw House and Centre, NEX, Parkway Parade and Tampines Mall)
Branch in Taiwan
Branches in China
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Isetan.|