Isfahan International Airport
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Isfahan International Airport|
فرودگاه بین المللی شهید بهشتی اصفهان
|Owner||Government of Iran|
Iran Airports Company|
Iranian Air Force
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||5,059 ft / 1,542 m|
The airport is named in honor of Shahid Beheshti. For administrative and census purposes, it is considered a village in Qahab-e Shomali Rural District, in the Central District of Isfahan County, Isfahan Province, Iran. The airport has two terminals, one for Domestic Flights and one for International Flights. Just adjacent to the airport is Khatami Air Base which was built in 1970s specifically to cater Iran's fleet of F-14 Tomcat.
Airlines and destinations
^b According to Iranian laws direct passenger flights to Antalya are banned, So AtlasGlobal, Freebird Airlines, Pegasus Airlines and Tailwind Airlines seasonal charter flights from Isfahan to Antalya have a stopover in Adana. However, these airlines do not carry local traffic between Isfahan and Adana. The return flights also has the same conditions. This law applies only to passenger flights and does not include VIP, Cargo or ferry flights.
Accidents and incidents
- On 15 February 1965, Vickers Viscount EP-AHC of Iranian Airlines was damaged beyond economic repair when the port undercarriage collapsed as a result of a heavy landing.
- On 18 November 2009, Iran Air Fokker 100 EP-CFO suffered an undercarriage malfunction on take-off. The aircraft was on a flight to Mehrabad Airport, Tehran when the undercarriage failed to retract. The aircraft landed at Isfahan but was substantially damaged when the left main gear collapsed.
- On 15 January 2010, Iran Air Fokker 100 EP-IDA, operating Flight 223 was substantially damaged when the nose gear collapsed after landing.
- On 24 January 2010, Taban Air Flight 6437, a Tupolev Tu-154M, crashed whilst making an emergency landing at Mashhad International Airport due to a medical emergency; all 157 and 13 crew survived the accident with 42 receiving minor injuries. The flight originated from Abadan the day before but had to overnight stop in Isfahan due to weather in Mashhad.
- "Traffic Figures". Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 7 October 2009.
- "Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- "Accident: Iran Air F100 at Isfahan on Jan 15th 2010, nose gear collapse on landing". Aviation Herald. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- Taban Air Flight 6437
- Iranian plane catches fire on landing
- Plane catches fire trying to land in Iran
Media related to Isfahan International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Airport information for OIFM at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.