Ish-Blloku (English: Ex-Block), commonly Blloku (English: Block), is an upmarket area in Tirana, Albania. It widely known as an entertainment destination with its boutiques, shops, restaurants, trendy bars, pubs, and cafes. The area is part of the neighbourhood of Tirana e Re in southwestern Tirana. During the peak summer months, its trendy bars transfer along the Albanian Riviera.
It became very attractive after the fall of Communism in Albania, because during the communist period it was a restricted residential area for the members of the Albanian politburo, ordinary Albanians would not be allowed in. On most maps it was unmarked. In Blloku you can still find the residence of Albania’s communist leader Enver Hoxha.
Since the fall of communism in Albania, a dramatic growth of new developments has taken place, with many new exclusive flats and apartments. Ish-Blloku has been called the "playground of the young Albanian elite".
Blloku is quite a small, walking neighborhood, easily accessible from different parts of Tirana. The entrance of Blloku is only 10-15 minutes by foot from the city centre of Tirana.
- Williams, Sean (12 September 2014). "Albania's Block party: Dancing away the dictator's legacy". CNN. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Albania Fashion Street Blog
- Tirana Club Zone
- Till'late Albania
- Radio Stations in Tirana
- Jennions, Bridget. "From bunkers to Blloku: two days in Tirana". Lonely Planet. Lonely Planet. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "Blloku Area of Tiranë (Tirana) Albania". Go Albania. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- about Tirana City globalpropertyguide.com
- ""Pula më e shijshme në botë" KFC vjen në Tiranë në TEG". Business Magazine. Retrieved 7 November 2016.