Talwar at GQ Style Awards 2018
|Born||22 December 1987|
|Residence||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Alma mater||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Relatives||Vinod Talwar (father)|
Isha Talwar is an Indian film actress who predominantly works in Malayalam cinema. After she worked as a model and appeared in various commercials, she made her film debut with the 2012 Malayalam film Thattathin Marayathu.
Early life and education
Isha Talwar is the daughter of Vinod Talwar, who works as a director and executive producer for Boney Kapoor in Bollywood. Born and brought up in Mumbai, she graduated from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. She joined choreographer Terence Lewis's dance school in 2004, where she learned various dance forms like ballet, jazz, hip-hop and salsa and went on to become a tutor in the dance studio. She stated that Lewis was "one person who changed me completely".
Talwar worked as a model and appeared in more than 40 commercials for brands like Pizza Hut, Vivel Fairness Cream, Kaya Skin Clinic, Dulux Paints and Dhatri Fairness Cream, besides a music video with Hrithik Roshan for the Just Dance competition. She says she spent two years preparing for her film debut. Although she had worked as a child actress in the 2000 Bollywood film Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai, her full-length film debut was with the Malayalam film Thattathin Marayathu, for which she took a four-month voice training class, went through a course to learn the language, and learned to play the guitar. The film which saw her play Aisha, a Muslim girl who falls in love with a Hindu boy, became a blockbuster and was listed by Rediff in their "Top five Malayalam films of 2012" list. Critics noted that she "looked beautiful", but had "nothing much to do" in the film. In a later interview, she stated that the role of Aisha had given her "a lot of recognition" and that she was "really happy with" her girl next door image from the film. Her second film I Love Me by B. Unnikrishnan had her playing the female lead alongside Asif Ali and Unni Mukundan. She told that her character in the film Samantha had "shades of grey".
Isha Talwar was titled as the most desirable woman in Malayalam film industry of the year 2015. Speaking about desirability, she stated that it’s about one’s personality and not good looks. When asked, who is the most desirable man according to her; she said that she finds Prithviraj Sukumaran as the most desirable man. Adding to it, she also said that he has an extraordinary charm and charisma. She also said in the 'Reporter' channel interview that, Mohanlal is her favourite actor.
In 2013, she had two releases – her Telugu debut, Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde, which opened to a positive response, and her Tamil debut, Thillu Mullu, a remake of the same-titled 1981 Tamil comedy film which was also a commercial success. In 2014, she was seen in the Malayalam films, Balyakalasakhi, Utsaha Committee, God's Own Country and Anjali Menon's Bangalore Days. She has shot for an "extended cameo role" in Siddique's Bhaskar the Rascal. She has also been shooting for the Tamil remake of Thattathin Marayathu, reprising her own role. She also appeared as Maya in the Hindi movie Tubelight along side Salman Khan. She made her Bollywood debut along side Saif Ali Khan in Kaalakaandi.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2000||Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai||Preeti's sister||Hindi||Child artist|
|2012||Thattathin Marayathu||Aisha Rehman||Malayalam|
|I Love Me||Samantha|
|The Restaurant Couple||Meera||English||Short film|
|2013||Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde||Shruti||Telugu|
|Ulsaha Committee||Rose Mary|
|God's Own Country||Asha|
|Maine Pyaar Kiya||Shalini||Telugu|
|2015||Bhaskar the Rascal||Rani kabeer||Malayalam|
|2016||Raja Cheyyi Vesthe||Chaitra||Telugu|
|Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai||Aisha||Tamil|
|Ranam - Detroit Crossing||Seema||Malayalam|
|2010||Rishtey||Hindi||Episode 68: "Itni Chhoti Baat, Itni Lambi Raat"|
|2011||Just Dance||Music video|
|2014||Comedy Stars||Celebrity judge||Malayalam|
|2015||D 4 Dance||Celebrity guest|
|2017||Comedy Super Night 3||Dancer||In the title song|
|2018||Kasthooriman||Herself||Episode 91 , 92, 95 ,96|
- 2013: Asianet Film Award for Best Star Pair - Thattathin Marayathu
- 2013: Vanitha Film Award for Best Debut (Female) - Thattathin Marayathu
- 2013: Amrita TV Film Award for Best Pair - Thattathin Marayathu
- 2013: Asiavision Award for New Sensation in Acting - Thattathin Marayathu
- 2013: Indian Movie Award In Qatar For Best Debutant Actress - Thattathin Marayathu
- 2013: Pearl Movie Award For Best Debutant Actress - Thattathin Marayathu
- 2013: SIIMA Award for Best Female Debutant - Thattathin Marayathu
- 2013 : Nominated - Asianet Award for Best Female New Face of the Year
- 2014: Nominated, South Indian International Movie Award for Best Female Debutant - Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde
- "Meet Tubelight Actress Isha Talwar: Age, biography, best HD, hot and HQ photos, Instagram, ads and more". The Indian Express. 28 June 2017. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Isha Talwar relocates to Kerala". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- "Heeding the call of Mollywood". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- Sebastian, Shevlin. "Isha Talwar, about her dream debut in Malayalam". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Zachariah, Ammu. "My dad is a proud man: Isha Talwar". Times of India. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "St. Xavier's College, Mumbai alumni". The Times of India.
- Ammu Zachariah, TNN (2012-09-06). "Terrance changed me completely: Isha Talwar - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- parshathy. j. nath (26 August 2012). "Face forward". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- Ammu Zachariah (12 Mar 2012). "Isha Talwar: 2 years to prepare for a debut?". Indiatimes. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- "I go with my gut feelings: Isha Talwar". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "When Isha met her voice!". The Times of India. 11 June 2012.
- "The Top five Malayalam films of 2012 - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Movie Review : Thattathin Marayathu". Sify.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Fahadh and Isha let their hearts talk - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-02-14. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Vijay George; P. K. Ajith Kumar; Saraswathy Nagarajan (20 December 2012). "Stars at the marquee". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "Isha is game for negative roles - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-12-27. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Isha finds Prithviraj the most desirable man - Malayalam Movie News - IndiaGlitz". IndiaGlitz.com. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (2013-04-14). "Enjoying the perks". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "'Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyindhe' Box Office Collection: Nithin Starrer Earns â‚š55 lakh in 2 Days Overseas - International Business Times". Ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Mollywood gives me space to experiment: Isha - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-12-22. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Isha is Suhra in Balyakalasakhi - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- Sudhish, Navamy (2014-05-08). "Men on a Mission". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- "Isha to share screen space with Mammootty - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "Thattathin Marayathu is quite different in Tamil: Isha Talwar - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "Tubelight Movie Review - First Unbiased Review on the Internet". Hari Kumar - Bestselling Writers Official Blog Magazine. 2017-06-23. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- "Asianet Film Awards 2013 – Winners List - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "TTK Prestige-Vanitha film award declared - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 2013-02-13. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- New, Express. "Amrita Film Awards tomorrow". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "City Times - Southern charm". Khaleejtimes.com. 2012-11-12. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "IMAQ show will be 'innovative, creative'". Gulf-Times (in Arabic). 2013-04-22. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "Dulquar Salman, Nivin Pauly Winners At SIIMA 2013". 13 September 2013.
- New, Express (2013-04-19). "Amrita Film Awards tomorrow". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-05-22.