|Focus||Yoga, social upliftment, ecological conservation|
|India, Lebanon, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore|
|Method||Yoga programs, meditation, tree planting, Rural upliftment|
Isha Foundation is a non-profit, spiritual organization founded in 1992 by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev. It is based at the Isha Yoga Center near Coimbatore, India. The foundation offers yoga programs under the name of Isha Yoga. It has over 9 million volunteers.[not in citation given]
Yoga classes are also conducted for corporate leaders to introduce them to what Sadhguru calls "inclusive economics," to "introduce a sense of compassion and inclusiveness into today's economic scenario".
A yoga course for the Indian national hockey team was conducted in 1996. Isha Foundation began conducting yoga programs in the United States in 1997 and, in 1998, yoga classes for life-term prisoners in Tamil Nadu prisons were initiated.[full citation needed]
The foundation regularly organises Mahasathsangs with Sadhguru in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka where he gives discourses, conducts meditations and participates in question-answer session with the masses. It also organises annual yatras to Mount Kailash and the Himalayas under the banners Kailash Manasarovar Sojourn and Himalayan Dhyan Yatra. The Kailash Sojourn led by Sadhguru is among the largest groups to make the trip to Kailash with 514 pilgrims making the journey in 2010.
Social and environmental initiatives
Project GreenHands (PGH) was established in 2004 as an environmental organization. Its activity is largely focused on Tamil Nadu. The organization received the Indira Gandhi Paryavaran Puraskar, the Government of India's environmental award in 2010. The organisation's activities include agroforestry, plant nurseries in schools, and tree-planting in urban centers such as Tiruchirappalli and Tiruppur.
Action for Rural Rejuvenation
Action for Rural Rejuvenation (ARR) is a health and community-oriented program focuses on rural Tamil Nadu. It was established in 2003, and as of 2010, functioned in 4200 villages with a population 7 million.
Isha Vidhya, an education initiative, aims to raise the level of education and literacy in rural India by providing quality English-language-based, computer-aided education to rural children. There are seven Isha Vidhya Schools in operation which educate around 3000 students.
Rally for rivers
Rally For Rivers is a campaign launched by Isha Foundation in 2017 to tackle the scarcity of water across rivers in India and instill awareness about protecting rivers.[unreliable source?] Sadhguru launched the campaign on 3 September from Isha Yoga Center, Coimbatore. The campaign included a month-long, nationwide campaign. On 3 October, a river revitalization draft proposal was presented by Sadhguru to Narendra Modi. Six states signed Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) with Isha Foundation to plant trees along river banks. These states are Karnataka, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Punjab, Maharashtra and Gujarat.  [dead link][unreliable source?] The Niti Aayog and the Ministry of Water Resources have constituted committees to study the draft policy proposal. In November, at a conference in Germany, the executive director of the United Nations Environmental Program, Erik Solheim discussed Rally for Rivers with Sadhguru, and how environmental programs around the world can emulate its success.
- "The most powerful Indians in 2009: 80–84". Indian Express. 9 March 2009. Archived from the original on 28 January 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- Award for Project Green Hands Archived 2011-05-21 at the Wayback Machine, The Hindu, 8 June 2010, retrieved on 8 June 2010
- "'Special Consultative Status' for Isha Foundation". The Hindu. 12 September 2007. Archived from the original on 8 November 2012. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- "Jaggi Vasudev – Exploring the unlimited". Life Positive. Archived from the original on 5 May 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "In pursuit of peace of mind". Daily News and Analysis. 20 January 2011. Archived from the original on 30 March 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "The route to 'dharmacracy'". Business Today. 27 November 2008. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Inclusive Economics: Enabling the World'". Huffington Post. 17 May 2010. Archived from the original on 22 June 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Morale-Booster says Bhaskaran". Indian Express. 26 November 1996. Missing or empty
- "Yoga guru touts peace, not religion". The Tennessean. 15 October 1997. Missing or empty
- "It doesn't take a guru to know which way the stress flows". Dayton Daily News. 17 March 1998. Missing or empty
- "Yoga Brings 'Freedom' to Prisoners". The Hindu. 16 February 1999. Missing or empty
- "Isha's Green Salem goes on stream". The Hindu. 14 December 2010. Archived from the original on 30 November 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Isha shows the way". Indian Express. 29 June 2009. Retrieved 25 January 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Mansarovar is beyond words". Daily News and Analysis. 1 September 2010. Archived from the original on 30 March 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Isha's Green School Movement kicks-off in Kanchi dist". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- Reporter, Staff (2010-10-04). "Green Tiruchi Movement seeks to rectify ailing environment". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- "Stalin inaugurates Green Tirupur Movement". The Hindu. 2009-08-25. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- "Isha Foundation launches Centre-funded project". The Hindu. 13 October 2010. Archived from the original on 16 October 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- "Jaggi Vasudev in city on May 7". The Times of India. 21 April 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- "LIC gives grant to Isha". The Hindu. 7 April 2010. Archived from the original on 10 April 2010. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- "Rally for Rivers". Addieu. 2017-09-08. Archived from the original on 2017-10-05. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- Times of India. "Isha Foundation launches 'Rally for Rivers' campaign in city". Archived from the original on 2017-09-08.
- "Go green for rivers: Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev". Deccan Chronicle. 2017-09-13. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Indian economy not ready for a startup epidemic: Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev". Live Mint. 2017-11-28. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Karnataka, Isha Foundation join hands to plant 25 crore saplings along riverbeds". Times of India. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "River conservation: Maharashtra to organize tree plantation conclave for awareness". Times of India. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "People, govt should join hands to save dying rivers, says Sadhguru". Tribune India. 2017-09-29. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Singh, Bikash (2017-12-18). "Assam government inks MOU with Isha Foundation". Economic Times. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Niti Aayog CEO-led group to study Isha Foundation's proposals". Times of India. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "It is our responsibility to hold rainfall and allow it to flow 365 days: Sadhguru". The Hitavada. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "PMO asks NITI Aayog to examine Isha Foundation's river revival plan". DNA India. 2017-12-12. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Rally for Rivers discussed at Global Landscapes Forum". Outlook India. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Isha Foundation.|