|Population (2014 Census)|
|Bushenyi - Ishaka Metropolitan Area|
Ishaka is located in Igara County, in Bushenyi District, approximately 62 kilometres (39 mi), by road, west of Mbarara, the largest city in the sub-region. This is about 6 kilometres (4 mi), west of Bushenyi, the location of the district headquarters. The coordinates of Ishaka are 0°32'42.0"S, 30°08'18.0"E (Latitude:-0.545006; Longitude:30.138343).
Ishaka is a town in Igara County, in Bushenyi District. Together with the neighboring town of Bushenyi, it forms the Bushenyi-Ishaka Metropolitan Area. It is the largest metropolis in the district. The district headquarters are located in Bushenyi. Kampala International University, one of the thirty one (31) universities in the country maintains its Western Campus in Ishaka. This campus houses KIU's medical school.
Points of interest
The following points of interesr lie within the town limits or close to the town limits:
- The offices of Ishaka Town Council
- Ishaka Central Market - The largest source of fresh produce in the town
- The Western Campus of Kampala International University (KIU), one of Uganda's private universities.
- The confluence of the Ishaka–Kagamba Road, the Kikorongo–Ishaka Road and the Mbarara–Ishaka Road, in the middle of town.
- Ishaka Adventist Hospital - A 110-bed community hospital affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- A branch of Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited - The largest of Uganda's licensed commercial banks
- A branch of Barclays Bank of Uganda - Uganda's third-largest commercial bank by assets
- A branch of Finance Trust Bank
- A branch of Pride Microfinance Limited - A Tier III Financial Institution
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- GFC (23 May 2016). "Distance between Caltex Petrol Station, Ntungamo-Katunguru Road, Ishaka, Western Region, Uganda and Golf Course Road, Mbarara, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- GFC (23 May 2016). "Distance between Dominion Church, Bushenyi, Western Region, Uganda and Caltex Petrol Station, Ntungamo-Katunguru Road, Ishaka, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- Google (23 May 2016). "Location of Ishaka, Bushenyi District, Western Region, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- Anguyo, Innocent (19 December 2013). "KIU introduces new health courses". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- Google (23 May 2016). "Confluence of Ishaka–Kagamba Road, Kikorongo–Ishaka Road and the Mbarara–Ishaka Road in the Middle of Ishaka Town" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- EDN (23 May 2016). "About Ishaka Adventist Hospital". Electives.net (EDN). Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- Jonathan Adengo, and Anthony Wesaka (4 March 2016). "Banks merge branches to cut costs". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 23 May 2016.