Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ishmael is the first child of Abraham in Abrahamic religions.
Ishmael may also refer to:
- Ishmael son of Nethaniah, the murderer of Gedaliah, Nebuchadnezzar II's provincial governor
- Ishmael (Book of Mormon), a figure in the Book of Mormon
- Ishmael ben Elisha, more commonly "Rabbi Ishmael", 2nd-century rabbi
- Ishmael ben Jose, 3rd-century rabbi, the son of Jose ben Halafta
- Saint Isfael, a 6th-century Breton prince and Welsh saint also known as Ismael and Ishmael
- Ishmael Beah (born 1980), author and former Sierra Leonean child soldier
- Ishmael Hyman (born 1995), American football player
- Ishmael Noko, General Secretary of the Lutheran World Federation since 1995
- Ishmael Reed (born 1938), American poet, essayist and novelist
- Nola Ishmael (born 1943), Barbadian nurse
- Ishmael (Moby-Dick), the narrator in the novel Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
- Ishmael, a "mad" character with apparent mystical powers in Ingmar Bergman's film Fanny and Alexander
- Ishmael, the wizard who imprisoned the goblins in Goblins in the Castle by Bruce Coville
- Ishmael, the main protagonist in The Haj, a 1984 novel by Leon Uris
- Ishmael (novel), a 1992 philosophical novel by Daniel Quinn
- Ishmael (1876 novel), a novel by E.D.E.N. Southworth
- Ishmael (Star Trek), a Star Trek novel by Barbara Hambly
- Ishmael, a chapbook by Peter Straub
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ishmael.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.