Ishq Subhan Allah
This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ishq Subhan Allah|
|Created by||Danish Javed|
|Developed by||Danish Javed|
|Creative director(s)||Aashish Harbhagwan Batra|
|Theme music composer||Mukul Puri|
|Opening theme||Ishq Subhan Allah|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||501|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Distributor||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||14 March 2018 –|
Ishq Subhan Allah (English: This Love, Oh God) is an Indian television series that premiered on 14 March 2018 on Zee TV. The show is produced by Zuby Kochchar and Dheeraj Kumar. It stars Adnan Khan  and Eisha Singh. The show is set against a Muslim backdrop and addresses contemporary political, religious, and social issues such as Triple talaq and Sharia law.
Ishq Subhan Allah is a Hindi drama television series starring Adnan Kha and Eisha Singh. Kabeer and Zara are both devout followers of Islam but interpret the Quran differently. Kabeer abides by the traditional code of conduct and Zara applies the teachings of Allah in a practical way. Kabeer and Zara take us on a journey of their world where they are grappling with issues like Triple Talaq.
Ishq Subhan Allah starts with Zara Siddiqui and Kabir Ahmed returning to Lucknow after 5 years, after completing higher studies in Islam. When an argument about Triple Talaq, between Zara and Kabir, becomes viral on the internet, they are forced to marry each other.
Gradually, Zara starts to fall in love with Kabir, while Kabir is still hesitant. Kabir's sister-in-law's sister, Rukhsaar, has been in love with Kabir from a young age, and tries to split them up.
She brings in a man named Miraj, to help create differences between Zara and Kabir but Miraj goes rogue and is out to harm everyone in the family. Rukhsaar arranges for a woman named Nilofer to pose as Miraj's sister and instructs her to protect the family from Miraj except for Zara. Rukhsaar is then married off to Hamdaan and leaves for Dubai. Miraj buys out Nilofer but eventually kills her.
A misunderstanding leads to Kabir divorcing Zara using the Triple Talaq practice. It turns out that this was not a part of their nuptials and Zara refuses to accept the divorce. Miraj then reveals to Zara that he wants her and can go to any extent. Zara tries to have Rukhsaar return to expose Miraj's true intentions but is unable to reach her.
Miraj makes his way into the local Shariah Board but when he is revealed to be a diamond smuggler who was laundering money, he is arrested and Kabir's dream project loses its funding. His connection to Rukhsaar is also revealed and he swears revenge on Zara and Kabir.
After many hardships, Kabir and Zara confess their love for each other and the family decide to get them married again. Two days before the ceremony, Kabir leaves for Dubai to save Rukhsaar from being implicated in her husband's death but ends up marrying her. He returns and is married to Zara. When Zara finds out, she is heartbroken but decides to stay with Kabir.
Rukhsaar meets with an accident and loses her memory. Kabir takes her responsibility further upsetting Zara. Wanting Kabir to earn independently, Zara moves to the outhouse. She and Rukhsaar gradually become friends. Kabir's aunt, Tabassum, visits with her son Azhar who appreciates Zara's modern thinking.
Kabir's father, Shahbaaz, is in debt and decides to sell the house but is swindled by his own son, Kashan, who takes ownership of the house. Kabir finally realises his father's faults and sees Zara's well-intended suggestion to him to earn independently. Rukhsaar is sent to a hospital for treatment and her sister Zeenat teams up with her husband Kashan to have Kabir's sister Alina marry Samir, the son of local don Salamat. Zara and Kabir thwart their plan with help from army officer Amir. Amir and Alina fall in love and after Zara is able to convince Kabir, they are married. Salamat tries to have Zara and Kabir killed in an accident but fails.
Kabir becomes the head priest. Zeenat is irked and Salamat threatens to kill Rukhsaar. Zara's father and former head, Irfan, suggests Zara become the vice priest but Kabir. Heer's case is brought before the Sharia Board where Heer wants to go to Delhi to study but her father is reluctant. Zara takes the case against Kabir and wins.
Zara's aunt Suraiya moves to Lucknow with her son Rizwan. Zeenat and Suraiya plan to have Rizwan replace Kabir as the head of the Board. Salamat bribes Khalid on Zeenat's request. Rizwan exposes Zeenat's actions as soon as he joins the Board and has her declared mentally unsound. Zeenat vows revenge on him. Rizwan starts poisoning his uncle Irfan slowly.
Bilal and Kausar's case comes to the Board. Rizwan plans to create a rift between Zara and Kabir. Kabir tells Zara that Kausar was betrothed to Kashan but she eloped on the day of wedding. Instead, Zeenat married Kashan as she was indebted to Kausar's family. Everyone in the family requests Zara not to take the case but she and Kabir decide otherwise. The entire city protests against them and finally Kabir too turns against Zara. As Zara is about to drop the case, Kausar's suicide attempt changes her mind and she has to leave the Ahmad house. Shahbhaz plans Zara's murder. In the Sharia Board Zara wins the case. On the same day, Kabir is in an accident orchestrated by Rizwan and Zara is shot by a hitman hired by Shahbaz. Zara and Kabir collapse together.
One year later
Zara and Kabir are living separately. Zara lives with her aunt Amina and cousins Azra and Nusu in Mumbai and Kabir lives with his family in Lucknow. Zara and Kabir have applied for a divorce wanting to free each other.
Kabir finds Zara's hospital reports and is shocked to discover that Zara was in a coma after being shot. Alina tries to bring them together but they see through her plan. Zara discovers that Kabir has become a writer after publishing a book about their relationship. Zara moves to Lucknow with Azra. Kabir and Zara finally decide to give their relationship another chance angering Zeenat and Shahbaz. Shahbaz again tries to have Zara killed but Kabir saves her every time. The Ahmad family rejoices at the prospect of Kabir and Zara reuniting but Kabir insults Zara's father Irfan and asks the Qazi to beg to him (Kabir) to take Zara back. An upset Zara breaks up with Kabir. Irfan has a heart attack. Kabir's mother, Ayesha, is heartbroken and asks him to leave the house. Kabir starts living in the mosque.
One month later
Zara learns about Ayesha's illness from Kashan and decides to go back to Kabir's house only for Ayesha's sake. Zara decides to reunite Ayesha and Kabir on Eid. Shahbaz and Zeenat are worried that Zara and Kabir might get back together so Shahbhaz constantly provokes Kabir against Zara. According to the Sharia Board, all the board members should attend the Eid celebrations with their entire family. Shahbhaz tries to foil the plan but Zara, who is the event organizer manages the situation. Rukhsar returns, but the family is unaware of it. Finally, Zara and Azra succeed in reuniting Kabir and Ayesha with Rukhsaar's help. Rukhsar vows to reunite Zara and Kabir.
- Adnan Khan as Kabeer Ahmed ( 2018–present)
- Eisha Singh as Zara Kabeer Ahmed and Zara Siddiqui (2018–2019; died)
- Tunisha Sharma as Zara (2019–present)
- Amit Kumar Poddar as Turram Khan (2019–present)
- Shipsy Rana as Rukhsar Sheikh (2018–present)
- Vinay Jain/Anupam Bhattacharya as Shahbhaz Ali Ahmad, Kashan, Kabeer and Alina's father (2018–present)
- Gunn Kansara as Ayesha Ahmad, Kashan, Kabir and Alina's mother (2018–2019; died)
- Dhiraj Rai as Kashan Ahmad, Kabir's brother, Zeenat's husband (2018–present)
- Monica Khanna as Zeenat Ahmed, Kabir's sister-in-law, Kashan's wife, Rukhsar's elder sister (2018–present)
- Toshi Shaikh as Young Amaan Ahmad, Kabir's nephew, Zeenat and Kashan's son (2018)
- Abdur Rehman Shaikh as Amaan Ahmad, Kabir's nephew, Zeenat and Kashan's son (2019–present)
- Anjita Poonia as Alina, Kabir's sister, Amir's wife (2018–2019)
- Amit Dolawat as Amir Nabi, Alina's husband, Kabir and Zara's helper, Former Army Officer (2019)
- Suneel Pushkarna as Qazi Irfan Siddiqui, Zara's father (2018–present)
- Shalini Arora as Salma Siddiqui, Zara's mother (2018–present)
- Kanika Gautam as Azhra, Zara's cousin (2019–present)
- Kinshuk Vaidya as Zain Abdullah (2019)
- Ali Raza Naamdaar as Wali Khan
- Aashutosh Semwal as Imraan, Kabir's best friend
- Rutpanna Aishwarya as Reema, Zara's best friend, Imran's love interest (2018–2019)
- Piyush Sahdev as Siraaj Ahmad, Underworld Don of Kashmir(2018)
- Gautam Vig as Miraaj Ahmed/Miraaj Ali, Siraaj's brother (2018–2019)
- Nisha Nagpal as Nilofer Ali, Miraaj's fake sister, Rukhsar's friend (2018)
- Aliraza Namdar as Priest Imam Hashim Mian (2019)
- Deepali Saini as Kausar, Bilal's wife, the one whom Zara helped (2019)
- Salman Shaikh as Bilal Hasan, Kausar's Husband (2019)
- Ankit Vyas as Rizwan, Zara's cousin (2019)
- Shefali Rana as Tabassum, Kabir's aunt (2019)
- Worshipp Khanna as Chef Deven (2019)
- Zafar Ali as Aabid Ali
- Azinkya Mishra as Zaid
- Puvika Gupta as Firdaus
- Tejaswee Bhadane as Alisha
Initially titled as Ishq Pakeezah, it was later changed to Ishq Subhan Allah.
To promote the show, Zee TV launched 'Galat Galat Galat', a marketing campaign which drives conversations about the misinterpretations of Islam. Showing protagonist Zara Siddiqui's point of view this campaign delivers a strong message against Triple Talaq system.
Deepak Rajadhyaksha, Deputy Business Head, Zee TV said, "We started 2018 with the launch of two beautifully curated shows, Aap Ke Aa Jaane Se and Kaleerein – each of which has touched upon a contemporary Indian reality and is sensitizing the masses about the same. Our next primetime fiction offering belongs to the Muslim social drama space that we had, ourselves, pioneered with Qubool Hai, a show that enjoyed an immensely successful run of two seasons. Ishq Subhan Allah asks viewers to pause and reflect on the true interpretation of religion in our daily lives. It questions the true importance we accord to a woman's choice in every decision that a couple makes, including entering the institution of marriage as also ending it with dignity".
Dheeraj Kumar, the producer of the show said, "With Ishq Subhan Allah, we want to break the stereotype and urge people to take a rational stance in matters of religion. We want to spread the message that adherence to religion cannot come at the cost of compromising practicality. Instead, one must apply the core fundamentals of one's religion to move forward in life."
Adnan Khan expressed, "Kabeer's character is of a young Maulvi with a thorough understanding of Islam. While he is very traditional and culture-driven, his personality and outlook is extremely different from Zara's. Being a Muslim, I could easily adapt myself to certain aspects of Kabeer's character which helped me a lot during my preparation. In fact, I could also strongly relate to his inner instincts and religious traits as I am extremely religious in real life, albeit with a modern touch. The concept of the show is extremely engaging and I am looking forward to this exciting new journey".
Eisha Singh said, "Ishq Subhan Allah is a unique concept with a strong message. Zara is a strong and confident woman who doesn't fear any consequences and isn't afraid to ask the right questions. She is deeply rooted in her religious teachings of the holy Quran but applies them intelligently to life with logical reasoning. Zara is progressive but she isn't a rebel or an atheist. She has studied Islam in depth and stands up against the misinterpretation of its teachings. Moreover, I am really excited to play such a strong character and I hope that the audience will enjoy watching this side of me."
Ishq Subhan Allah in its debut week was ranked in the top ten shows of India in its opening week. The show opened with 8.460 million impressions in HSM[definition needed] and 5.346 million impressions in urban markets. This gives the show the leadership position in the 10 p.m. slot and makes it the second-highest opening weekday fiction show of the financial year amongst pay Hindi GECs[definition needed].
In week 15 (2018), the show entered the top 5 and maintained third position with 5.113 million impressions in the urban sector. In week 16 (2018), the show became second-most-watched show in India. The show again maintained its second position in week 17 (2018) with 6.449 million impressions.
Commenting on the ratings, Deepak Rajadhyaksha, Deputy Business Head, Zee TV said, "In keeping with our brand philosophy Aaj likhenge Kal, it is our constant endeavor to present viewers with progressive stories that are not only entertaining but also provoke them into thinking differently, get inspired, take charge of their destiny and work towards an extraordinary future. With Ishq Subhan Allah, we bring audiences the love story of a Muslim couple where the man and woman beg to differ on matters of interpreting and applying religion to their daily lives. We have dwelled into the issue of Triple Talaaq which was never spoken about in a prime-time fiction show. The response that the show has received in its opening week stands testimony to the universal applause and the warm welcome given to the show by Indian audiences."
|Ishq Subhan Allah|
Original Sound Track
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||14 March 2018|
Ishq Subhan Allah's soundtrack is written by Danish Javed and composed by Mukul Puri. Ishq Subhan Allah, the title song of the show, is sung by Javed Ali.
|Ishq Subhan Allah: Tracklisting|
|1.||"Ishq Subhan Allah" (Male)||Javed Ali||7:19|
Awards and nominations
|2018||Gold Awards||Path Breaking Show||Dheeraj Kumar|
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Best Show||Dheeraj Kumar|
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Buzurg||Suneel Pushkarna|
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Nayi Jodi||Adnan Khan and Eisha Singh|
|2018||Zee Rishtey Awards||Best Social Swagger||Eisha Singh|
|2018||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Story||Danish Javed|
|2018||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress in Negative Role||Shipsy Rana|
|2019||Indian Telly Awards||Fresh New Face||Adnan Khan|
- "Kundali Bhagya, Ishq Subhan Allah, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai – Here are the Top 10 shows of the week as per the BARC report". Bollywood Life. 28 April 2018.
- "Most watched Indian television shows: Ishq Subhan Allah soars up the BARC list". Indian Express Limited. 29 April 2018.
- "Producer Dheeraj Kumar Writes: 'Acceptance' of people has given a huge start to Ishq Subhan Allah". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Zara Ahmad Of Ishq Subhan Allah Is The Role Model Everyone Should Look Up To". zeetv.zee5.com. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "'Ishq Subhan Allah' stars Eisha Singh and Adnan Khan making the most of thei Kashmir shoot". DNA India. 16 April 2018.
- "'Ishq Subhan Allah' addresses Triple Talaq?". Times of India. 13 March 2018.
- "Triple Talaq And Other Types Of Divorce Under Muslim Law Explained". zeetv.zee5.com. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- Team, Author: Editorial (23 July 2019). "Aashutosh Semwal returns to Zee TV's Ishq Subhan Allah". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Piyush Sahdev is back on television with 'Ishq Subhan Allah'". The Times of India. 29 April 2018.
- Raj, Baddhan. "In Video:'Ishq Subhan Allah' promo on ZEE TV". BizAsia. Retrieved 25 December 2019.
- "Zee TV to strengthen fiction line-up with three new shows in 2018". Television Post. Retrieved 26 December 2019.
- "Ishq Subhan Allah's Zara's opinions strike the right chord". Best Media Info. Retrieved 28 December 2019.
- "Zee Tv's Ishq Subhan Allah reflects the true interpretation of religion in our daily lives". Mumbai Live. Retrieved 28 December 2019.
- "Zee TV launches show on triple talaaq – Ishq Shubhan Allah". Best Media Info. Retrieved 28 December 2019.
- "Zee TV puts the spotlight on Triple Talaaq with its new fiction show 'Ishq Subhan Allah'". DNA India. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Zee TV's Ishq Subhan Allah to focus on Triple Talaq". PINKVILLA. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Ishq Subhan Allah makes a smashing debut among top ten TV shows". India Today. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "Week 15 BARC Report: Ishq Subhan Allah defeats Divyanka Tripathi's Yeh Hai Mohabbatein on TRP chart". Times Now News.
- "Kundali Bhagya Tops Once Again, Ishq Subhan Allah Joins The Top 3 In BARC's 16th Week Report". koimoi.com. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "Week 17 BARC report: Kumkum Bhagya gets back to top 3, but fails to defeat Ishq Subhan Allah". Times Now News.
- "Zee TV bets big on 'Ishq Subhan Allah'". Adgully.com. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- Baddhan, Raj (22 March 2018). "India Ratings: 'Ishq Subhan Allah' gets off to a flying start". BizAsia. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Zee TV Praises Creative Eye's Ltd.'s Serial 'Ishq Subhan Allah'". India West. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Zee TV's 'Ishq Subhan Allah' year's second highest weekday fiction launch across GECs". Indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 23 March 2018.