Ishrat Fatima has had a successful and very popular career as a TV newsreader. She was 'the face' of 9pm daily Urdu news Khabarnama in the 1980s and 1990s. She started her career from Radio Pakistan hosting a program ‘Khel aur Khiladi’. Initially she had gone to PTV for audition for doing a weather segment, but instead was selected by PTV for news segment.
Ishrat Fatima was popularly called 'a poised lady presenting news with elegance'. She seemed to have a great command over Urdu language while presenting the news with an abundance of self-confidence. During an interview to a major Pakistani English-language newspaper, she stressed that she used to put in a tremendous amount of effort, time and energy in rehearsing before she actually went on-screen. In her rehearsals, she would verify everything and used to make sure that her presentation would have no errors in it.
She was born in Pakistan and she lives in Islamabad she is not anyhow related to muzzafergarh Her siblings are also a part of media Ayesha Khalid ( VOA) and Bilal Sheikh (BOL). She got married in 1996 to Saqib Waheed.They are parents of two children Muhammad Shah Mir and Royam Saqib
Awards and recognition
- Pride of Performance Award in 2019 by the President of Pakistan.
- Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Medal of Excellence) by the Government of Pakistan
- Nigar Award
- Madiha Nizam (3 October 2018). "In conversation with PTV's yesteryear newscaster Ishrat Fatima". The News International (newspaper). Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- President Alvi confers top civil, military awards for excellence on Pakistan Day Dawn (newspaper), Published 23 March 2019, Retrieved 24 March 2019
- This presenter of Urdu news was a celebrity in South-Asian journalism when even the word ‘celebrity’ wasn’t commonly-used.
- Khalid Hameed & Ishrat Fatima Still Reading News
- PTV Newscaster Ishrat Saqib robbed
|This Pakistani biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|