This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015)
|Directed by||Nagathihalli Chandrashekhar|
|Screenplay by||Nagathihalli Chandrashekhar|
by Dodderi Venkatagirirao
|Produced by||Y. N. Shankare Gowda|
|Cinematography||Ravi Kumar Sana|
|Music by||B. Ajaneesh Loknath|
Nagathihalli Cine Creations
Ishtakamya is a 2016 Kannada romantic comedy film directed by Nagathihalli Chandrashekhar is based on the 1980s novel of the same name written by Dodderi Venkatagiri Rao. The film features Vijay Suriya of Agni Sakshi fame, Mayuri Kyatari of Ashwini Nakshatra fame and Kavya Shetty in the lead roles and is releasing on 13 May 2016. Kannada's top film editor Srikanth edited the film.
Dr. Aakarsh is a young and aspiring doctor who wants to treat poor people in his village. He is running a hospital which his grandfather has built. He meets with an accident with "Acchari" ( Mayuri Kyatari) and brings her to his hospital. While treating her, he slowly starts falling in love with her. Acchari is impressed by Dr Aakarsh's simplicity and his caring nature. A thick romance seems to develop between the two until they are confronted by Aditi (Kavya Shetty ) who claims to be the wife of Dr. Aakarsh. This shocks Acchari and she demands an explanation from Aakarsh. Aakarsh reveals his past to Acchari. In the flashback, it is revealed that Aakarsh and Aditi were married. Aditi is an adamant woman who is also a "clean freak". She doesn't want to get closer to Aakarsh, this sparks differences between the couple and eventually Aditi leaves him.
However, Aditi later realizes her mistake and wants to get back together. This leaves Aakarsh in a fix. He has to decide between Acchari and Aditi. However, Aakarsh decides to surprise Aditi by taking her to a poet's house. But on their way Aditi meets with an accident. Acchari's mother confronts her to go away from the couple as Acchari's father too cheated her mother. Aditi dies at Aakarsh's hospital's door reminding that she had said 'I will never keep leg in this small nurse home even after death'. Acchari leaves to another place in aeroplane to achieve her dream to become a pilot. Aakarsh doesn't get Aditi neither Acchari.
- Vijay Suriya as Dr. Aakarsh
- Mayuri Kyatari as Acchari
- Kavya Shetty as Aditi
- Suman Nagarkar as Roshini
- Prakash Belawadi as Vikranth
- Rangayana Raghu
- Mandya Ramesh
- B. Jayashree
- Mimicry Dayanand
- Chikkanna as Nimbe
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||20 April 2016|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||B. Ajaneesh Loknath|
The music composed by B. Ajaneesh Loknath comprises a poem written by Kuvempu. It is reported that the song named "Jenaguva" is shot in Kavishaila.
|1.||"Nee Nanagoskara (duet)"||B. Ajaneesh Loknath, Shreya Ghoshal|
|2.||"Naa Ninage"||Chintan Vikas|
|5.||"Chinte Yavudu"||Nagathihalli Chandrashekar|
|6.||"Naa Ninage"||Mukhtiyar Ali|
|7.||"Nee Nanagoskara (female)"||Shreya Ghoshal|
- ^ "- Telugu News". IndiaGlitz.com. Archived from the original on 9 December 2015.
- ^ Chandru Nagathihalli [@NomadChandru] (6 June 2015). "ಪ್ರಿಯ ಬಂಧು, ದೊಡ್ಡೇರಿ ವೆಂಕಟಗಿರಿರಾವ್ ಅವರ "ಇಷ್ಟಕಾಮ್ಯ" ಕಾದಂಬರಿಯನ್ನು ಆಧರಿಸಲಿರುವ ಸಿನಿಮಾಗೊಂದು ಒಳ್ಳೆಯ ಹೆಸರು ಸೂಚಿಸುವಿರಾ? ನಿಮ್ಮ ನಾಗತಿಹಳ್ಳಿ ಚಂದ್ರಶೇಖರ" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- ^ a b "Nagathihalli Back with a New Film". The New Indian Express.
- ^ "ಎರಡು ವರ್ಷದ ನಂತ್ರ ಮತ್ತೆ ಬಂದ ನಾಗತಿಹಳ್ಳಿ ಚಂದ್ರಶೇಖರ್". kannada.filmibeat.com. 30 June 2015.
- ^ "Kuvempu's Poem in Ishtakamya - chitraloka.com | Kannada Movie News, Reviews | Image". Archived from the original on 4 December 2015. Retrieved 4 December 2015.