|• Total||246.9 km2 (95.3 sq mi)|
|• Density||960/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Ishwardi|
Ishwardi (Bengali: ঈশ্বরদী, Ish-shordi, meaning "God's place") is the westernmost upazila of Pabna District in Rajshahi Division, Bangladesh. It is also the headquarters of western zone of Bangladesh Railway. It is the site of the planned Ruppur Nuclear Power Plant.
Ishwardi is located at. It has 39,112 units of households and total area 246.9 km².
There is an airport which was unused previously but now it is in use.
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Ishwardi has a population of 236,825. Males constitute are 51.88% of the population, and females 48.12%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 111,338. Ishwardi has an average literacy rate of 35.5% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Ishwardi has 7 unions, 143 mauzas and 113 villages.
1) Shahapur Union
Chairman: Motlebur Rahman Minhaz Fokir
- Chor Shahapur
- Chor Gorgory
- New Chor Gorgory
2) Lokkhikunda Union
Chairman: Mohammad Anisul Haque Molla
- Kamalpur Poshchim Paara
- Kamalpur Uttor Paara
- Charkorolia Poshchim Paara
- Charkorolia North Paara
3) Pakshy Union
Chairman: Mohammad Enam Bishshash
- Civil Haat
- Chor Ruppur
- Notun Ruppur
- Diyar Baghol
4) Muladuli Union'
Chairman: Selim Malitha V
5) Dashuria Union
Chairman: MD. Bokul Sardar
6) Shara Union Chairman: Emdadul Hoque Rana Sardar Villages:
- Mozid Mahmud, poet, was born at Char Gargari village in 1966.
- Shamsur Rahman Sherif, Minister for Land, has been the Member of Parliament for constituency Pabna-4 since 1996.
- TOUKIR HASAN KHAN Founder & President (LionTEX & Agronomic lab) <ref>Template:Tex.liongang.com
- Md Shahidullah Khan (2012), "Ishwardi Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal, Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- পাবনায় ভালোবাসায় সিক্ত হলেন কবি ও গবেষক মজিদ মাহমুদ [Majid Mahmud, a poet and researcher, is woken up in love with Pabna]. Jagonews24.com (in Bengali). 19 April 2015.
- "Pabna-4 nomination seekers woo party stalwarts for tickets". The Financial Express. Dhaka. 20 December 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ishwardi Upazila.|
|This Rajshahi Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|