|• Total||246.9 km2 (95.3 sq mi)|
|• Density||960/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Ishwardi|
Ishwardi (Bengali: ঈশ্বরদী, Ish-shordi, meaning "God's place") is the westernmost upazila of Pabna District in Rajshahi Division, Bangladesh. It is also the headquarters of western zone of Bangladesh Railway. It is the site of the planned Ruppur Nuclear Power Plant.
Ishwardi is located at. It has 39,112 units of households and total area 246.9 km².
There is an airport which was unused previously but now it is in use.
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Ishwardi has a population of 236,825. Males constitute are 51.88% of the population, and females 48.12%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 111,338. Ishwardi has an average literacy rate of 35.5% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Ishwardi has 10 unions, 143 mauzas and 113 villages.
1) Shahapur Union
Chairman: Motlebur Rahman Minhaz Fokir
- Chor Shahapur
- Chor Gorgory
- New Chor Gorgory
2) Lokkhikunda Union
Chairman: Mohammad Anisul Haque Molla
- Kamalpur Poshchim Paara
- Kamalpur Uttor Paara
- Charkorolia Poshchim Paara
- Charkorolia North Paara
3) Pakshy Union
Chairman: Mohammad Enam Bishshash
- Civil Haat
- Chor Ruppur
- Notun Ruppur
- Diyar Baghol
4) Muladuli Union
Chairman: Selim Malitha
5) Dashuria Union
Chairman: Mohamad Aminul Islam (Kanadi)
6) Solimpur Union
Chairman: Md Bablu Malitha
- Chor Mirkamari
7) Shaara Union
Chairman: Jarjis Hossain
Chairman : Abul kalam azad mintu [Awami League].
Woman Vice Chairman : Ms Sufia Khatun (from Awami League)
Vice Chairman : Boshir Ahmed [Mookool] (from Awami League)
Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) : Md.Rofiqul Salim
- Shamsur Rahman Sherif: a senior leader of Awami League and Cabinet Minister for Land
- Mozid Mahmud : is a famous Bangladeshi poet and essayist. He is recognized as a major poet of the 1980s, with more than thirty books to his credit.
- Mohammad Abdul Gafur: First chief engineer of Bangladesh Railway
- Mohammad Abdul Wahed: Former professor and Head, Department of Surgery, M.A.G. Osmani Medical College, Sylhet and Mymensingh Medical College. He obtained double FRCS from both Royal College of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh.
- Md. Washiqur Rahman: Is a Prominent Journalist. He is a General Secretary of Bangladesh ICT Journalist Forum (BIJF) and Assistant Editor, Daily AmaderShomoy.
- Toukir Hasan Khan: Former President, Lion Tex & Member of BOD, textile society
- Ariful Islam Mithu, Senior Reporter, Independent Television
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ishwardi Upazila.|
|This Rajshahi Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|