Isi Ka Naam Zindagi
|Isi Ka Naam Zindagi
इसी का नाम ज़िन्दगी
|Produced by||Ratan Mukherjee|
|Music by||Bappi Lahiri|
|28 August 1992 (India)|
Isi Ka Naam Zindagi (English: This is called life) is a 1992 Hindi-language Indian feature film directed by Kalidas, starring Aamir Khan, Farha Naaz, Pran, Shakti Kapoor, Asrani and Tej Sapru. It was a flop at box office. However, actor Pran gave one of his best performances was used to promote the movie. It is based on an acclaimed Bengali play Sajano Bagaan (The Arranged Garden) by Manoj Mitra, which was first filmed in Bengali by Tapan Sinha’s as Banchharamer Bagaan.
Isi Ka Naam Zindagi is a romantic family story set during the British Raj.
Bansiram (Pran) has owned and maintained a plot of land donated to him by a kind village aristocrat (Shakti Kapoor). After the aristocrat dies, his amoral son praises the enviable plot and wants it. Bansiram refuses to sell, and the son is determined to get it. Bansiram appeals to the British for protection, which they provide, and he is able to save his property.
Soon the son passes away; his look-alike son, Devraj, comes to manage the estate. Devraj does not consider Bansiram's land a priority, and years go by. The aristocrat's soul wanders and waits in anguish and pain. When Devraj goes to see Bansiram, he finds an elderly semi-senile man and his grandson, Chotu (Aamir Khan), who wants to sell alcohol on the land. Devraj takes advantage of the situation with unpredictable results.
- Aamir Khan ... Chotu
- Farha Naaz ... Chumki
- Pran ... Bansiram
- Shakti Kapoor ... Zamindar/Devraj
- Rajesh Puri ... Jai (Astrologer)
- Beena ... Kamla (Devraj's wife) (as Bina)
- Asrani ... Munim
- Tej Sapru ... Vijay (Devraj's Elder son)
- Babloo Mukherjee ... (Devraj's son)
- Aanjjan Srivastav ... Doctor
- Bharat Kapoor ... Drunk Chumki's father
- Anup Jalota ... himself in title song
- "Gulai Gulai Go Ha Gulai Gulai Go Mile Koi Anjana" — Alka Yagnik, Bappi Lahiri
- "Isi Ka Naam Zindagi" — Anup Jalota
- "Gulai Gulai Go (2)" — Bappi Lahiri, Alka Yagnik
- "Tum Jaisi Koi Sunder Is Duniya Me Na Hogi" — Amit Kumar
- "Aiyo Arre Aiyo Bina Paas Aaye More" — Asha Bhosle
- "Bam Bhole (Mai Sare Gaon Ka Chaila)" — Alka Yagnik, Bappi Lahiri
- "Raat Ki Hu Rani Meri Jalim Hai Jawani Jab Main" — Shobha Joshi
- "Zaraa Ruk Jaa Ai Jaldi Kyaa Abhi PyaarMat Karanaa" — Anuradha Paudwal, Udit Narayan
- "Jara Ruk Ja Ai Jaldee Kya" — Anuradha Paudwal, Udit Narayan