|• Total||2,655.6 km2 (1,025.3 sq mi)|
|• Density||158.2/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Isingiro District is bordered by Kiruhura District to the north, Rakai District to the east, Tanzania to the south, Ntungamo District to the west, and Mbarara District to the north-west. The town of Isingiro is approximately 35 kilometres (22 mi), by road, south-east of the city of Mbarara, the main metropolitan area in the Ankole sub-region.
The 2014 national housing and population census estimated the population of Isingiro District at 486,360. In 2002, the population was recorded at approximately 316,000, while the 1991 national population census estimated the population at 226,400.
Prominent people from the district include:
- Gordon Wavamunno, an entrepreneur, businessman, and philanthropist. He is reported to be one of the wealthiest people in Uganda and is the chancellor of Nkumba University.
- Benon Biraaro, was a retired military officer, entrepreneur, and aspiring politician. (deceased)
- Bright Rwamirama, a retired military officer and politician. State Minister for Animal Industry in the Ugandan Cabinet. Also serves as the elected member of parliament representing Isingiro County North in Isingiro District.
- Nathan Byanyima, is the current Chairperson CoST Uganda MSG. He is newly elected Member of Parliament for Bukanga County, and the Director Uganda Bus Operators
- "Road Distance Between Mbarara And Isingiro With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Estimated Population of Isingiro District In 1991, 2002 & 2014". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Independent, The (17 February 2020). "Museveni, Besigye mourn Maj. Gen Benon Biraro". The Independent Uganda. Retrieved 5 March 2022.
- Isingiro District Head Office Works Begin
- Isingiro Leaders Protest NEMA Evictions from Lakeside
- Uganda district Information handbook. expanded edition 2011-2012. pg.269