|• Total||2,655.6 km2 (1,025.3 sq mi)|
|Population (2012 Estimate)|
|• Density||158.2/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Isingiro District is bordered by Kiruhura District to the north, Rakai District to the east, the Tanzania to the south, Ntungamo District to the west, and Mbarara District to the northwest. The town of Isingiro is approximately 35 kilometres (22 mi), by road, southeast of the city of Mbarara, the main metropolitan area in the Ankole sub-region. The coordinates of the district are 00 50S, 30 50E.
The 1991 national population census estimated the population of the district at about 226,400. In 2002, the population of Isingiro District was recorded at approximately 316,000 with a population growth rate of approximately 3.0% annually. It is estimated that in 2012, the district population was about 420,200.
|This paragraph does not cite any sources. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Agriculture is the mainstay of the district economy of Isingiro District. Crops grown include:
Prominent people from the district include:
- Gordon Wavamunno, an entrepreneur, businessman, and philanthropist. He is reported to be one of the wealthiest people in Uganda and is the chancellor of Nkumba University.
- Benon Biraaro, a retired military officer, entrepreneur, and aspiring politician.
- Bright Rwamirama, a retired military officer and politician. State Minister for Animal Industry in the Ugandan Cabinet. Also serves as the elected member of parliament representing Isingiro County North in Isingiro District.
- "Road Distance Between Mbarara And Isingiro With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Estimated Population of Isingiro District In 1991, 2002 & 2012". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Isingiro District, Uganda.|