Islam in Nepal
|Islam by country|
Islam is thought to have been introduced by the Indian Muslims settling in Nepal, with 4.2 % of the population being Muslim according to a 2006 Nepalese census. However, more recent estimates indicate that Muslims constitute approximately 5-10% of the population. Ahmadis maintain a small presence in Nepal.
- Government of Nepal. Central Bureau of Statistics., Nepal in figures 2006 (PDF), Kathmandu.
- NEPAL IN FIGURES 2006 - Government of Nepal
- Ramadan set to kick off tomorrow
- MUSLIMS of NEPAL: Becoming an assertive minority
- Sijapati, Megan Adamson (2011). Islamic Revival in Nepal: Religion and a New Nation. London and New York: Rouledge.
- Haque, Md. Mozammil. "Islam in Nepal". Wordpress. Retrieved April 7, 2011.
- Sharma, Sudhindra. "How the crescent fares in Nepal". Himal, May 1995. Retrieved April 7, 2011.
- Siddique, Muhammad (2001). "Muslim Population in the Kingdom of Nepal: Some Outstanding Features" (PDF). Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs 21 (2). Retrieved April 7, 2011.
|This Nepal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Islam by country-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|