|This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (December 2014)|
|Motto||Mind and Hand|
|Affiliation||HEC, PEC, PPC|
|Chancellor||Malik Muhammad Rafique Rajwana|
|Location||Bahawalpur, Punjab, Pakistan|
Islamia University began as Jamia Abbasia, a religious University established in Bahawalpur in 1925, following the academic pursuits of Al-Azhar University in Egypt. In 1975, Jamia Abbasia was declared as a general University, and renamed as The Islamia University of Bahawalpur.
The University started at the Abbasia and Khawaja Fareed campuses with ten departments. Later, 1280 acres of land was allotted to the University on Hasilpur Road about eight kilometers away from the city centre which became the Baghdad-ul-Jadeed campus. IUB added two more campuses in 2005: One covering eastern side of Bahawalpur Division (in Bahawalnagar; known as IUM Bahawalnagar Campus) and the other one to cover western side of Bahawalpur Division (in Rahim Yar Khan; known as IUB - Rahim Yar Khan Campus or IUB - RYK Campus).
The University is now at 45 departments offering 74 disciplines. In 2015, the university was ranked eighth in the general (large) category of "2015 HEC Ranking Of Universities In Pakistan" universities.
- Abbasia Campus (Old Campus)
- Baghdad-ul-Jadeed Campus
- Khawaja Fareed Campus (Railway Road)
- Sub Campus Rahim Yar Khan
- Sub Campus Bahawalnagar
- Official Website "The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan"
- Facebook Official Page "The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan"
- Facebook Official Page "Department of Soil Science, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur-Pakistan"
- Facebook Official Page "University College of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences, The Islamia University Bahawalpur, Pakistan