This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- This is a disambiguation page. For more information, see Madrasa and university and Medieval Muslim universities.
The term "Islamic university" (sometimes called madrasah jāmiʿah (Arabic: مدرسة جامعة)) can be used to describe secular educational institutions that were founded by people of Islamic tradition[clarification needed] as well as institutions that focus on teaching Islam as a main curriculum. The word "madrasah" can refer to an Islamic educational institution of any level, while the word jāmiʿah simply means "university."
However, there are various institutions which include "Islamic University" in their name while being not necessarily geared towards the teaching of Islam (much like how a Catholic university generally does not teach Catholicism).
Institutions with "Islamic University" in their name
- Jamia-tul-Madina at Pakistan and World Wide.
- Islamic University, Bangladesh at Shantidanga, Kushtia, Bangladesh.
- Islamic University of al-Madinah al-Munawarah at Medina, Saudi Arabia, also known as Islamic University of Madinah
- Islamic University of Gaza
- Islamic University, Baghdad, now Iraqi University
- International Islamic University, Islamabad
- International Islamic University Malaysia
- Omdurman Islamic University
- Islamic University College in Iraq
- Islamic University of Technology in Bangladesh
- Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University
- International Islamic University, Chittagong
- Faridia Islamic University
- Russian Islamic University
- Islamic University of Rotterdam
- Islamic University of Science and Technology in Jammu and Kashmir, India
- Mohi-ud-Din Islamic University
- Islamic University in Uganda
- Aligarh Muslim University in India
- Alauddin Islamic State University, Indonesia
- Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta, Indonesia
- Sunan Kalijaga State Islamic University, Indonesia
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.