|• Official||Bengali, English, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
Islampur subdivision is a subdivision of the North Dinajpur district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of Islampur municipality, Dalkhola municipality and five community development blocs: Chopra, Goalpokhar–I, Goalpokhar–II, Islampur and Karandighi. The five blocks contain 59 gram panchayats. The subdivision has its headquarters at Islampur. Bolhanja Jama Masjid is the oldest mosque of the area.
Apart from the Islampur municipality and Dalkhola municipality, the subdivision contains rural areas of 59 gram panchayats under five community development blocs: Chopra, Goalpokhar–I, Goalpokhar–II, Islampur and Karandighi. Dalkhola was a census town under Karandighi block, as noted in census 2001, but it was promoted to a municipality in 2003. There is no urban area under any of these five blocks now.
Rural area under Choprra block consists of eight gram panchayats, viz. Chopra, Daspara, Haptiagachh, Majhiali, Chutiakhore, Ghirnigaon, Lakhipur and Sonapur. Chopra police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Chopra.
Goalpokhar – I block
Rural area under Goalpokhar–I block consists of 14 gram panchayats, viz. Dharampur–I, Goti, Lodhan, Sahapur–I, Dharampur–II, Goalpokhar, Mahua, Sahapur–II, Goagachh–I, Jaingaon, Panjipara, Goagachh–II, Khagore and Pokharia. Goalpokhar police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Goalpokhar.
Goalpokhar – II block
Rural area munder Goalpokhar–II block consists of 11 gram panchayats, viz. Belon, Kanki, Sahapur–I, Sahapur-II, Surjapur-I, Surjapur–II, Baidyanandapur, Nijampur–I, Nijampur–II, Troyal, and Chakulia.. Goalpokhar and Chakalia police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is in Chakulia.Rayhan's Lalbanu
Rural area under Islampur block consists of 13 gram panchayats, viz. Agdimti–Khanti, Gunjaria, Matikunda–II, Ramganj–II, Gaisal–I, Islampur, Panditpota–I, Gaisal–II, Kamalgaon–Sujali, Panditpota–II, Gobindapur, Matikunda–I and Ramganj–I. Islampur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Islampur.
Rural area under Karandighi block consists of 13 gram panchayats, viz. Altapur–I,Boris mouja,jhal no-210 Dalkhola–I, Lahutara–I, Rasakhowa–II, Altapur–II, Domohona, Lahutara–II, Bazargaon–I, Karandighi–I, Raniganj, Bazargaon–II, Karandighi–II and Rasakhowa–I. Karandighi police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Karnadighi.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in the West Bengal, the Islampur municipality and eleven gram panchayats under the Islampur block, viz. Agdimti–Khanti, Gaisal–I, Gaisal–II, Gunjaria, Islampur, Matikunda–I, Matikunda–II, Panditpota–I, Panditpota–II, Ranganj–I and Ranganj–II together will constitute the Islampur assembly constituency of West Bengal. The other two gram panchayats under the Islampur block, viz. Kamalgaon–Sujali and Gobindapur will form the Chopra assembly constituency along with the area under the Chopra block. The Goalpokhar–I block will form the Goalpokhar assembly constituency. The Goalpokhar–II block and two gram panchayats under the Karandighi block, viz. Bazargaon–I and Bazargaon–II will together constitute the Chakulia assembly constituency. The rest of the gram panchayats under the Karandighi block will together constitute the Karandighi assembly constituency. Chopra constituency will be part of the Darjeeling (Lok Sabha constituency), whereas the other four assembly constituencies will be part of the Raiganj (Lok Sabha constituency).
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Archived from the original on 2009-02-25. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 2009-04-25. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "Dalkhola Municipality". Official website of Department of Municipal Affairs, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 2010-02-13. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North Dinajpur district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 6,23. Retrieved 2009-01-11.