Island Federal Credit Union Arena
The Island Federal Arena on a men's basketball conference game
|Location||John S. Toll Drive, Stony Brook, New York, 11790|
|Owner||State University of New York|
|Operator||Stony Brook University|
|Construction cost||$17 million|
|Stony Brook Seawolves (1990–present)|
The Island Federal Credit Union Arena, also known as the Island Federal Arena or The Island, formerly the Stony Brook University Arena, is 4,000-seat multi-purpose arena in Stony Brook, New York. It is the home of the Stony Brook Seawolves men's and women's basketball teams. Originally built in 1990, it underwent a $21.1 million renovation in 2012–14. Naming rights were sold to a regional credit union, Island Federal Credit Union. The Island Federal Arena has hosted the America East Conference Men's Basketball Tournament finals in 2012 and 2016.
A $21.1 million renovation of the Stony Brook University Arena was announced with $20 million provided by the State of New York and an additional $1 million provided by private donations. It included a seating capacity for 4,008 spectators, four luxury boxes and a VIP lounge area at the lodge level with premium courtside seating. During the renovations, both basketball teams played at Pritchard Gymnasium, which like the IFCU Arena, is part of the Stony Brook Sports Complex. The renovation of the Arena was completed in 2014, and hosted its first home basketball game on November 14, 2014. Stony Brook defeated Columbia 57–56 on a game-winning layup. The arena reopened with a Harlem Globetrotters game.
- "Seawolves, Bobcats Set For Saturday Night Clash at The Island - Stony Brook University Athletics". Stony Brook University Athletics. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- Eichenholz, Andrew. "Corporate partnership gives Stony Brook Arena a new name". The Statesman. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Stony Brook loses America East final". New York Post. 2012-03-11. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- "Seawolves punch ticket to NCAA tournament with 80-74 win over Vermont - Stony Brook University Athletics". Stony Brook University Athletics. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- "Island Federal Credit Union Arena". Stony Brook University Athletics. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- "Stony Brook commences $21.1 million Stony Brook Arena renovation - Stony Brook University Athletics". Stony Brook University Athletics. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- "Stony Brook Unveils Plans to Renovate Basketball Arena". Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "McGrew's game-winner opens #Seawolves season and new arena with a bang - Stony Brook University Athletics". Stony Brook University Athletics. Retrieved 2018-12-03.