Island Trees High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Island Trees High School|
|59 Straight Lane
Levittown, NY 11756
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Island Trees Union Free School District|
|Vice principal||Pam Hostetter|
|Enrollment||770 (as of 2014-15)|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.1:1|
The Island Trees High School is a coeducational public high school serving students in ninth through twelfth grades, located at 59 Straight Lane, Levittown, New York. It is a part of the Island Trees Union Free School District, 31.0 miles east of Manhattan. The school offers various clubs, electives, and AP courses. Island Trees High School serves portions of Levittown, Bethpage and Seaford.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 770 students and 58.7 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 13.1:1. There were 87 students (11.3% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 34 (4.4% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
- Kevin Covais, American Idol Finalist graduated 2007
- Jesse Kinch, rock singer, songwriter and guitar player
- Eddie Money, rock guitarist, saxophonist and singer-songwriter
- Donnie Klang, singer-songwriter, won P Diddys show Making The Band 4
- "NYS Admin Listing: Island Trees High School". New York State Education Department. Retrieved August 5, 2009.
- School data for Island Trees High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- "Island Trees School District". Long Island Newsday. Retrieved 2009. Check date values in:
- Dave Itzkoff (April 9, 2006). "Is There Life After 'American Idol'?". New York Times. Retrieved 2009. Check date values in: