Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival
Coordinates: The Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival is an annual festival held in Fernandina Beach, Florida. The first festival, which was originally referred to as the Shrimp Boat Festival, was held in 1964. The festival is normally held over the first weekend in May. Events and activities of the festival include cooking and selling shrimp and seafood, display and sale of arts, crafts, collectibles, and antiques, live music, the Miss Shrimp Festival pageant, a fireworks display, and a parade.
The 2013 edition of the festival marked the 50th anniversary, and was celebrated as the "Year of the Golden Shrimp".
- "General Festival Schedule 2013". Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Shrimp festival kicks off in Fernandina Beach". News4Jax. May 3, 2012. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Maggie FitzRoy (May 1, 2011). "Fernandina Beach's annual shrimp festival features pirates and artists". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Thousands of Pounds of Shrimp Ready for 48th Annual Shrimp Festival". First Coast News. April 29, 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Candy Caldwell Dawson (May 2, 2013). "Memories of the very first Shrimp Festival". News-Leader. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- ""Year of the Golden Shrimp"". News-Leader. April 26, 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a food or drink themed festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|