Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service
|County||Isle of Wight|
|Chief Fire Officer||Neil Odin|
|Facilities and equipment|
|Stations||10 (1 Wholetime, 1 Day Crewed, 8 Retained)|
Later in February 2009, plans were announced for a three-year £8 million replacement programme changing part-time stations to full-time. The move would be done in an attempt to reduce response times to 999 alerts. It could see Ryde's fire station change to full-time, and possibly Sandown's, but part-time stations would continue to operate as normal in rural areas. The extra investment would also minimise chances of a future merger with Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service on the mainland.
On a 2009 assessment by a government watchdog, the service was found to be performing well, getting a three star rating out of four, after a poor rating in 2005.
The Isle of Wight has a total of ten fire stations, one wholetime/retained, one day crew/retained and eight solely retained.
|Station Callsign||Station Name||Duty System||Appliances||Call Sign||Appliance||Call outs 2011||Call outs 2015|
|H71||Newport||Wholetime/Retained||2x WrL, 1x ALP, 1x ICU, 1x HRT, 1x WRU, 3x GPV, 1x PM+x2 HVP, 1x OIC||H71P1, H71P2, H71S1,
H71I1, H71H1, H71PM1, H71PM2, H71V1,
|H72||Cowes||Retained||1x WrL||H72P1||RET P1||69||57|
|H73||East Cowes||Retained||1x WrL, 1x FST, 1x ICU||H73P1, H73S1, H73I1||RET P1
|H74||Ryde||Day Crewed/Retained (0700-1900)||2x WrL, 1x ALP, 1x BASU, 1x GPV, 2x L4V, 1x PM+MDU, 1x OIC||H74P1, H74P2, H74S2, H74T1, H74T2, H74M1, H74O1||WT P1
RET P2 RET P3 RET P4
|H75||Bembridge||Retained||1x WrL||H75P1||RET P1||39||17|
|H76||Sandown||Retained||1x WrL||H76P1||RET P1||118||62|
|H77||Shanklin||Retained||1x WrL||H77P1||RET P1||148||131|
|H78||Ventnor||Retained||1x WrL, 1x WrC||H78P1, H78W1||RET P1
|H79||Freshwater||Retained||1x WrL, 1x CRV, 1x WrC||H79P1, H79C1, H79W1||RET P1
|H80||Yarmouth||Retained||1x WrL||H80P1||RET P1
Fire Appliance Glossary/Callsigns
- Water Rescue Ladder (WrL): P1 / P2 /P3
- Aerial Ladder Platform (ALP): A1
- Incident Command Unit (ICU): C1
- Heavy Rescue Tender (RT): R1
- Water Rescue Unit (WRU): R2
- Breathing Apparatus Support Unit (BASU) S1
- Incident Support Unit (ISU): S1
- General Purpose Vehicle (GPV): S1/S2
- Light 4x4 Vehicle (L4V): T1/T2
- Prime Mover (PM) + High Volume Pump (HVP): T9
- Prime Mover + Mass Decontamination Unit (PM+MDU): T8
- Co-Responder Vehicle (CRV): V1
- Water Carrier (WrC): W1
- Station Officer Vehicle (OIC): O1/O2
- "Prevent the merger of the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service with the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service". www.fireservicemerger.com. Archived from the original on 2008-07-19. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- "Isle of Wight County Press - "IW fire service may go full time"". www.iwcp.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-02-06.[dead link]
- "Isle of Wight County Press - "Good rating for Island fire service"". www.iwcp.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-02-18.
- "Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service - fire stations". www.iwfire.org.uk. Retrieved 2009-01-02.