Isles & Glaciers
|Isles & Glaciers|
|Origin||Royal Oak, Michigan, United States|
Isles & Glaciers was an American supergroup formed in 2008. They recorded material for their debut EP, The Hearts of Lonely People December 3–13, 2008 in Seattle, Washington and again in April 2009. It was produced by Casey Bates, and was released on March 9, 2010. Vocalist Craig Owens stated that the group will not be collaborating or releasing new material again. However Vic Fuentes stated that the band may release more material in the future.
Isles & Glaciers was first rumored to exist after Craig Owens, lead vocalist of D.R.U.G.S. and Chiodos and Jonny Craig, formerly of Dance Gavin Dance and Emarosa, performed a show in Lexington, Kentucky on August 30, 2008. Owens confirmed the rumors on September 4, 2008. Alternative Press announced the project officially and released the band's final lineup on December 15, 2008.
On January 18, 2009, both Owens and Brian Southall premiered three rough demos, "Clush" and "Hills Like White Elephants" and "Empty Sighs and Wine", for an upcoming EP, and took part in an interview with 89X Radio in Windsor, Canada.
Isles & Glaciers played their first and only scheduled live show on March 21, 2009, which was presented by Alternative Press at Emo's Bar in Austin, Texas for a free show during SXSW. In an interview done by DJ Rossstar on Stickam, Craig Owens stated that members in the band want to perform future shows in random locations, such as Alaska.
In late 2010, Owens stated that Isles & Glaciers was a one-time side project, and that they will not be releasing any more material or collaborating in any other way. In an interview in early 2011, Vic Fuentes announced that they were not quite done with Isles & Glaciers for good. During an interview with rockforevernagazine, Craig stated that he would "love to do another" but it can be inferred that him, Fuentes and Owens were not speaking.[better source needed] Craig also said in his AP Podcast that he was no longer Owens' friend, due to his affiliation with narcotics.
- Jonny Craig – Lead vocals (2008-2010) (Slaves, former vocalist of Dance Gavin Dance and Emarosa)
- Craig Owens – Lead vocals (2008-2010) (badXchannels, former vocalist of Chiodos, Cinematic Sunrise and D.R.U.G.S)
- Matt Goddard – Bass guitar (2008-2010) (Former bassist of Chiodos)
- Nick Martin – Lead guitar, backing vocals (2008-2010) (Sleeping with Sirens, formerly of Underminded and Cinematic Sunrise and D.R.U.G.S)
- Brian Southall – Guitars and keyboards (2008-2010) (Boys Night Out, The Receiving End of Sirens, The Company We Keep, former member of various projects)
- Vic Fuentes – Lead vocals and rhythm guitar (2008-2010) (Pierce the Veil)
- Mike Fuentes – Drums, percussion (2008-2010) (Pierce the Veil and MikeyWhiskeyHands)
- The Hearts of Lonely People (2010) – U.S. Billboard 200 number 104
- The Hearts of Lonely People (Remixes) (2014)
- "Isles And Glaciers : Equal Vision Records". Equalvision.com. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Tsai, Matthew (4 January 2011). "Isles & Glaciers Not Completely Melted - News Article". AbsolutePunk. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- Youtube.com August 30, 2008.
- Iamcraigowens.com Archived 2008-10-15 at the Wayback Machine. September 4, 2008
- 89xradio.com January 18, 2009
- Altpress.com February 23, 2009
- Vimeo.com-Altpress March 23, 2009
- AP: FEATURES - Isles & Glaciers March 23, 2009
- "Video by DJ Rossstar". Stickam.com. 2011-09-30. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Isles & Glaciers EP Release Date - News Article". AbsolutePunk.net. 2010-03-09. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Happy Holidays from Equal Vision Records! : Equal Vision Records". Equalvision.com. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Listen to Isles & Glaciers' 'The Hearts Of Lonely People (Remixes)' - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved 12 May 2015.