Islington Assembly Hall
|Address||Upper Street, Islington, London|
Islington Assembly Hall is a Grade II listed live music venue and events space on Upper Street, Islington, London. It has a capacity of up to 800 for live events, including seating for 200 in its balcony Events other than music shows, such as public meetings, also take place there.
Owned and managed by the local authority, the building hosted events such as variety shows, tea dances and weddings from March 1930 until its closure in the mid-1980s. It lay dormant for around 30 years until Islington Council funded its refurbishment, and it reopened in 2010, almost 80 years to the day since it first opened.
The venue also hosted the 2019 Kerrang! Awards, a ceremony celebrating achievements in rock music.
- Historic England. "Details from listed building database (1297950)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- "Facilities". Islington Assembly Hall. Islington Council. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- Hann, Michael (14 October 2014). "The gig venue guide: Islington Assembly Hall - Music". The Guardian. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- "Islington Assembly Hall". Best Venues London. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- "Islington Town Hall: Art Deco on Upper Street". London Architecture Diary. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "About Islington Assembly Hall". Hitches. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "History". Islington Assembly Hall. Islington Council.
- "Curtains Up!" (PDF). Islington Now. Islington Council. February 2010.
- "Assembly Hall Memories" (PDF). Islington Now. Islington Council. March 2010.
- Wooderson, Hannah (17 February 2010). "Curtain is about to rise on Islington's restored Assembly Hall". 24dash.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Islington Assembly Hall.|