Ismael Mathay Sr. High School
The Ismael Mathay Sr. High School, formerly called the GSIS Village High School, is a high school situated in Quezon City, Philippines and more popularly known as the IMSHS, or simply, Mathay. The students and alumni are dubbed the "Ismaelians". The Village Bounty is the high school official publication formed in 1971 by the pioneer students.
In 1971 parents in GSIS Village, Project 8, Quezon City petitioned for a high school within the village so that their children would not have to travel into the city for school. Later that year the city government approved refurbishment of the second floor of the GSIS Village public market (palengke) to form an eight-room school, the GSIS Village High School. The original location was at
The GSIS Village High School was originally headed by Regina I. Novales (1971-73). She was replaced by Jose V. Aguilar with a title of division supervisor-in-charge in 1974.
In 1976, the palengke and the school with it were gutted by a blaze.
Ismael Mathay Sr.
Ismael Mathay Sr. was a Filipino statesman. In 1944, he was appointed by Sergio Osmeña, second President of the Commonwealth of the Philippines as Commissioner of Budget and Finance for the War Cabinet (1944-45) and later as Secretary of the Budget (1945-46). In the 1960s, Ismael Mathay Sr. held a position of auditor general, board director, and general manager of the National Marketing Corporation. He studied law and was admitted to the Philippine Bar on 16 January 1925.
Grades 7 to 12
- Prado, George Magno. "Kids in the Attic... a remarkable story". Retrieved 2009-07-23.[dead link]
- "CALL NUMBER: LC-USW3- 054094-C [P&P]". Prints & Photographs Division, Library of Congress. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- "Sergio Osmeña: 2nd President of the Commonwealth of the Philippines - War Cabinet 1944-45". The Philippine Presidential Project. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- "RAFAEL L. DIZON vs. NICASIO YATCO, ET AL.". January 30, 1965. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- "Law List (Attorney List) - M". Supreme Court of the Philippines. Retrieved 2009-07-23.