Ismail Abdul Muttalib
|إسماعيل بن عبدالمطلب|
|2013–2018||Deputy Minister of Human Resources|
|2020–2022||Deputy Minister of Housing and Local Government|
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
Ismail bin Abdul Muttalib
1 December 1954
Pahang, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) |
Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS)
|Barisan Nasional (BN) |
Perikatan Nasional (PN)
(aligned:2020–2022, since 2022)
Muafakat Nasional (MN)
Ismail bin Abdul Muttalib (Jawi: إسماعيل بن عبدالمطلب; born 1 December 1954) is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Deputy Minister of Housing and Local Government for the second term in the Barisan Nasional (BN) administration under Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob and Minister Reezal Merican Naina Merican since August 2021. He served his first term in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under former Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and former Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin from March 2020 to August 2021 and the Member of Parliament (MP) for Maran since March 2004. He is a member of the Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS), a component party of the PN coalition and was a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), a component party of the BN coalition. 
Ismail was elected to Parliament in the 2004 general election and was re-elected thrice in 2008 general election, 2013 general election and 2018 general election.  After the 2013 Malaysian general election, he was appointed to serve as the Deputy Minister of Human Resources in the BN administration under former Prime Minister Najib Razak and former Minister Richard Riot Jaem from May 2013 to May 2018 for almost 5 years. 
On 3 November 2022, Ismail Muttalib was re-elected to the seat in the 15th general election under PN ticket.
|2004||P86 Maran, Pahang||Ismail Muttalib (UMNO)||15,725||64.96%||Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man (PAS)||8,483||35.04%||7,242||78.19%|
|2008||Ismail Muttalib (UMNO)||15,868||63.23%||Nasrudin Hassan (PAS)||9,227||36.77%||6,641||78.95%|
|2013||Ismail Muttalib (UMNO)||19,249||60.11%||Mujibur Rahman Ishak (PAS)||12,774||39.89%||6,475||85.21%|
|2018||Ismail Muttalib (UMNO)||16,064||49.09%||Hasenan Haron (PAS)||12,301||37.59%||3,763||81.30%|
|Ahmad Farid Ahmad Nordin (PPBM)||4,360||13.32%|
|2022||Ismail Mutalib (PAS)||19,600||47.70%||Shahaniza Shamsuddin (UMNO)||17,779||43.27%||41,092||1,821||77.35%|
|Ahmad Shuhor Awang (AMANAH)||3,547||8.63%|
- Malaysia :
- Pahang :
- "Ismail bin Haji Abd Muttalib, Y.B. Dato' Haji" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008 (including 2004 results)". The Star (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 11 January 2010. Retrieved 8 January 2010.
- "Barisan Kabinet Persekutuan 2013". Astro Awani. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 11 January 2010. Retrieved 8 January 2010. Includes 2004 election results.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Agong kurnia 282 darjah kebesaran". Bernama (in Malay). Sinar Harian. 21 November 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Sultan of Pahang's 75th birthday honours list". The Star. 26 October 2005. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Artistes among those conferred titles in conjunction with Pahang Sultan's birthday". The Star. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2018.