Ismail Abdul Muttalib
اسماعيل بن عبدالموتطالب
|Deputy Minister of Housing and Local Government|
|Assumed office |
10 March 2020
|Prime Minister||Muhyiddin Yassin|
|Preceded by||Raja Kamarul Bahrin Shah Raja Ahmad|
|Deputy Minister of Human Resources|
16 May 2013 – 10 May 2018
|Prime Minister||Najib Razak|
|Minister||Richard Riot Jaem|
|Preceded by||Maznah Mazlan|
|Succeeded by||Mahfuz Omar|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
21 March 2004
|Preceded by||Muhamad Abdullah (UMNO–BN)|
Ismail bin Abdul Muttalib
1 December 1954
Pahang, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN) |
Perikatan Nasional (PN)
Muafakat Nasional (MN)
Ismail bin Abdul Muttalib (Jawi: اسماعيل بن عبدالموتطالب; born 1 December 1954) is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Deputy Minister of Housing and Local Government in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin since March 2020. He has also been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Maran since March 2004. He is a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) in the ruling PN and Barisan Nasional (BN) coalitions.
Ismail was elected to Parliament in the 2004 Malaysian general election and was re-elected thrice in March 2008, May 2013 and May 2018. After the 2013 Malaysian general election, he was appointed to serve as the Deputy Minister of Human Resources in the BN administration under former Prime Minister Najib Razak and former Minister Richard Riot Jaem from May 2013 to May 2018 for almost 5 years. 
|2004||Ismail Muttalib (UMNO)||15,725||63%||Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man (PAS)||8,483||34%|
|2008||Ismail Muttalib (UMNO)||15,868||62%||Nasrudin Hassan (PAS)||9,227||36%|
|2013||Ismail Muttalib (UMNO)||19,249||59%||Mujibur Rahman Ishak (PAS)||12,774||39%|
|2018||Ismail Muttalib (UMNO)||16,064||49%||Hasenan Haron (PAS)||12,301||38%|
|Ahmad Farid Ahmad Nordin (PPBM)||4,360||13%|
- Malaysia :
- Pahang :
- "Ismail bin Haji Abd Muttalib, Y.B. Dato' Haji" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008 (including 2004 results)". The Star (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 11 January 2010. Retrieved 8 January 2010.
- "Barisan Kabinet Persekutuan 2013". Astro Awani. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 11 January 2010. Retrieved 8 January 2010. Includes 2004 election results.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Agong kurnia 282 darjah kebesaran". Bernama (in Malay). Sinar Harian. 21 November 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Sultan of Pahang's 75th birthday honours list". The Star. 26 October 2005. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Artistes among those conferred titles in conjunction with Pahang Sultan's birthday". The Star. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|