Isma'il ibn Jafar
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Isma'il ibn Jafar|
(approximately 722 C.E)
(approximately 755 C.E)
|Resting place||Al-Baqi' Madina Saudi Arabia|
|Other names||Abu Muhammad, Isma'il Ad-deebaj|
|Known for||Elder son of Ja'far al-Sadiq, sixth Ismāʿīlī Imām, Syed|
|Title||az-Azbab-i-Itlaq (Absolute lord), Al-Wafi|
|Predecessor||Ja'far al-Sadiq According to Ismaili Shia Branch|
|Successor||Muhammad ibn Ismail According to Ismaili Shia Branch|
|Children||Muhammad ibn Ismail, Ali ibn Ismail, Fatima|
| Part of a series on Shīʿī Islam
Ismāʿīl ibn Ja‘far al-Mubārak (Arabic: إسماعيل بن جعفر; c. born: 719 AD, Medina - died circa 755 AD, Syria) was the eldest son of Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq, and he was the full-brother of Abdullah al-Aftah. His mother, Fatima bint al-Hussain'l-Athram bin al-Hasan bin .. Twelver Shia's and Sunni Muslims sources have contradicted this information, stating that he was buried in Al-Baqi' Medina, the holy Islamic city located in Saudi Arabia. However, some Ismāʿīlī sources also point to Al-Baqi' Madina as the burial place of Isma'il ibn Jafar.
- Gnostic, Ismaili. "Who Succeeded Imam Jafar al-Sadiq? Seven Proofs for the Imamat of Imam Ismail ibn Jafar". Ismaili Gnosis. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Criminal silence on the Baqee destruction reason behind Muslim problems; Moosavi on 8 Shawwal | Jafariya News Network". www.jafariyanews.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Ziarat of Hazrat Ismail bin Imam Jafar Sadiq (as)". ziaraat.org. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "SAUDI ARABIA - ZIARAAT & INFORMATION". www.ziaraat.org. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Madinah a-Munawwarah | almiskeenah | Page 4". almiskeenah.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "History of Baqi cemetry in Medina". www.duas.org. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "iClassic". seattleclouds.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Burial Places of Imams - Dawoodi Bohra Forum". www.dawoodi-bohras.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.