Ismaily playing for Shakhtar Donetsk in 2013
|Full name||Ismaily Gonçalves dos Santos|
|Date of birth||11 January 1990|
|Place of birth||Angélica, Brazil|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2008||→ São Bento (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 September 2019|
After starting out at Ivinhema, and three and a half seasons in Portugal with three clubs, he went on to spend most of his career with Shakhtar Donetsk in the Ukrainian Premier League, winning several titles.
Born in Angélica, Mato Grosso do Sul, Ismaily started his career with Ivinhema Futebol Clube in 2007. A forward, he scored 11 goals to be his team's top scorer in the 2008 Campeonato Sul-Mato-Grossense.
Back at Desportivo Brasil, Ismaily played for the under-20s in the 2009 Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior and was converted to a left back, before being promoted to the first team. He made his competitive debut on 10 May of that year, coming on as a first-half substitute in a 1–2 Campeonato Paulista Segunda Divisão home loss against Red Bull Brasil, and appeared in only eight first-team matches before departing.
In the 2009–10 season, 19-year-old Ismaily moved to Portugal, signing for G.D. Estoril-Praia in the second division and playing all the games as a starter to help to an 11th-place finish. His first goal for his new club occurred on 8 November 2009, in a 2–0 home win over Gil Vicente FC.
In summer 2010, Ismaily stayed in the country by joining Primeira Liga side S.C. Olhanense. He appeared in 25 matches in his second year, scoring in a 3–2 away win against Vitória F.C. to help complete a comeback from 0–2.
On 16 June 2012, after an aborted transfer to C.D. Nacional, Ismaily joined fellow league team S.C. Braga for four years. He made his official debut at S.L. Benfica in the league opener, providing two assists in an eventual 2–2 draw.
On 22 August 2012, in the first leg of the last qualifying round for the UEFA Champions League, Ismaily equalized for Braga with a 30-meter effort, for the final 1–1 home draw against Udinese Calcio.
In February 2013, Ismaily signed a five-year contract with FC Shakhtar Donetsk, joining a host of compatriots at the Ukrainian Premier League side. In October 2018 he was voted the competition's Player of the Month, becoming the second Brazilian player to receive that award.
In May 2017, Ismaily expressed interest in playing for the Ukraine national team. On 20 March 2018, however, after the injuries of Filipe Luís and Alex Sandro, he was called by Brazil coach Tite for friendlies against Russia and Germany.
- As of match played 1 October 2019
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
|Shakhtar Donetsk||2012–13||Ukrainian Premier League||1||1||0||0||-||0||0||0||0||0||0|
- Ukrainian Premier League: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Ukrainian Cup: 2012–13, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Ukrainian Super Cup: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
- "Moradores de Angelica, MS comemoram a convocação de Ismaily para a Seleção Brasileira" [Dwellers of Angelica, MS celebrate the call-up of Ismaily for the Brazil national team] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Convocado, Ismaily foi destaque no Ivinhema no título de 2008" [Called up, Ismaily was a spotlight at Ivinhema in the title of 2008] (in Portuguese). Gazeta MS. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Ismaily foi de atacante a lateral, do MS para a Ucrânia: conheça a surpresa de Tite na seleção" [Ismaily went from forward to full-back, from MS to Ukraine: get to know the surprise of Tite in the national team] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Lateral com características ofensivas, Ismaily substitui Alex Sandro na Seleção Brasileira" [Full-back with attacking skills, Ismaily replaces Alex Sandro in the Brazil national team] (in Portuguese). Vavel. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Ismaily: "nome de cinema" que flertou com a Ucrânia, mas tinha a Seleção como sonho" [Ismaily: "movie name" who flirted with Ukraine, but dreamt of the national team] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- "Clube que Ismaily defendeu na 4ª divisão do Paulista celebra convocação" [Club that Ismaily played for in the 4th division of Paulista celebrate call-up] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Lateral convocado por Tite, Ismaily jogou a Segunda Divisão Paulista" [Full-back called up by Tite, Ismaily played in the Paulistan Second Division] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Gil Vicente deixa-se derrotar pelo Estoril-Praia" [Gil Vicente allow defeat to Estoril-Praia] (in Portuguese). Rádio e Televisão de Portugal. 8 November 2009. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Algarvios confirmam reforço Ismaily" [Algarvians confirm addition of Ismaily] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 29 July 2010. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Gil Vicente shock Porto". PortuGOAL. 29 January 2012. Archived from the original on 28 May 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Ismaily é o quarto reforço dos insulares" [Ismaily is the fourth islanders' signing]. Record (in Portuguese). 25 May 2012. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- "Florent e Ismaily garantidos" [Florent and Ismaily confirmed]. A Bola (in Portuguese). 16 June 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Duelo entre Benfica e Sp. Braga dá empate" [Duel between Benfica and Sp. Braga gives draw]. Sol (in Portuguese). 18 August 2012. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Ismaily thunderbolt keeps Braga and Udinese level". UEFA. 22 August 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Shakhtar sign Braga defender Ismaily". UEFA. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Ісмаїлі — найкращий гравець Чемпіонату УПЛ у жовтні!" [Ismaily — UPL Championship's best player in October!] (in Ukrainian). Ukrainian Premier League. 6 October 2018. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Исмаили: Мне было бы приятно защищать честь сборной Украины" [Ismaily: I would be glad to defend honour of Ukraine national team] (in Ukrainian). UA Football. 14 May 2017. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "Alex Sandro é cortado, e Tite convoca Ismaily, do Shakhtar, para a Seleção" [Alex Sandro is cut, and Tite calls Ismaily, from Shakhtar, to the national team] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- Ismaily at Soccerway
- "ИСМАИЛИ" [Ismaily] (in Russian). Shakhtar Donetsk. Retrieved 30 May 2019.