Isn't It Romantic (2019 film)
|Isn't It Romantic|
|Directed by||Todd Strauss-Schulson|
|Edited by||Andrew Marcus|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Isn't It Romantic is an upcoming American romantic comedy film directed by Todd Strauss-Schulson and written by Erin Cardillo, Dana Fox, Katie Silberman, and Paula Pell. The film stars Rebel Wilson, Adam DeVine, Liam Hemsworth, Priyanka Chopra, and Betty Gilpin. It is scheduled to be released on February 14, 2019, by Warner Bros. Pictures.
- Rebel Wilson as Natalie, an architect from New York.
- Adam DeVine as Josh, Natalie’s best friend and one of two love interests in Natalie’s life.
- Liam Hemsworth as Blake, a client and one of two love interests in Natalie’s life.
- Priyanka Chopra as Isabella, a yoga ambassador
- Betty Gilpin as Whitney, Natalie’s assistant and one of her best friends.
On May 23, 2016, it was reported that Rebel Wilson would be starring as Natalie in an untitled romantic comedy film by New Line Cinema, from an original script by Erin Cardillo and rewrite by Dana Fox, and Katie Silberman, while producers would be Todd Garner, Grant Scharbo, and Gina Matthews. On March 22, 2017, Todd Strauss-Schulson was hired to direct the film, titled Isn't It Romantic, while it was revealed that a latest draft of the script was done by Paula Pell. On May 10, Adam DeVine, who previously co-starred with Wilson in the first two Pitch Perfect movies, and Liam Hemsworth were cast in the film to play love interests in Natalie's life. Priyanka Chopra was also cast in the film in May. On June 14, 2017, Betty Gilpin was cast in the film to play the Natalie's assistant Whitney, and one of her best friends.
- McNary, Dave (May 23, 2016). "Rebel Wilson to Star in Romantic Comedy for New Line (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- Kit, Borys (May 10, 2017). "Adam Devine, Liam Hemsworth Join Rebel Wilson in 'Isn't It Romantic' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- Kroll, Justin (May 30, 2017). "Priyanka Chopra Joins Rebel Wilson's 'Isn't It Romantic,' 'A Kid Like Jake' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- Hipes, Patrick (June 14, 2017). "Betty Gilpin Joins Rebel Wilson In New Line's 'Isn't It Romantic'". Deadline. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (March 22, 2017). "Rebel Wilson's Romantic Comedy Draws Director Todd Strauss-Schulson". Variety. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- Perry, Spencer (July 10, 2017). "Production Begins on New Line's Isn't It Romantic?". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- "Rebel Wilson screams and waves her arms while filming her new movie". Mail Online. July 10, 2017. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (May 3, 2017). "'Godzilla Vs. Kong', 'Game Night' Among Many Warner Bros. Release Date Changes For 2018 & Beyond". Deadline. Retrieved July 11, 2017.