This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Chemicals and Speciality Products|
|Björn Schlosser (CEO)|
Number of employees
Isochem is a French chemicals company specialized in custom synthesis. The company's products and services are primarily destined for the following market sectors:
- pharmaceuticals (APIs or active ingredients for medicinal products and intermediates),
- specialty chemicals.
The company operates from four production sites in France and also has: one industrial subsidiary outside France: Wychem in the UK.
- 1974 : Isochem created in Gennevilliers
- 1977 : Pithiviers (ex. Agrifarm) site opened
- 1979 : 1st U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) audit and approval; export market development
- 1990 : Isochem joins Groupe SNPE
- 1991 : Isochem acquires the Vert-le-Petit site (ex IRCHA Fine Chemicals and Propeptide)
- 2003 : acquisition of the Pont-de-Claix platform and the Hungarian subsidiary Framochem
- 2010 : acquisition of Isochem by the German industrial holding company Aurelius AG
- 2012 : acquisition of Wychem (UK) by Isochem ,
- 2014 : sale of Framochem subsidiary by Isochem
- 2016 : sale of Wychem subsidiary by Isochem
Initially specialized in the extraction and hemisynthesis of natural substances such as quinine, Isochem has gradually expanded its expertise in the field of multi-step industrial production  encompassing a variety of operations including Grignard, Friedel-Crafts, Sandmeyer, Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction, deprotonation using butyllithium, reduction using metal hydrides and hydrogenation.
In the 1990s, synergies with groupe SNPE enabled Isochem to implement new technologies such as phosgenation, nitration and manufacture of amino-acid derivatives such as NCAs, UNCAs and peptides.,
Industrial sites and specific expertise
Four sites in France:
- Vert-le-Petit :(head office and production): phosgene chemistry
- Gennevilliers: fractionned distillation, cold reactions (-70 °C)
- Pithiviers: hydrogenation under pressure, waste processing  · 
- Pont de Claix : active ingredients and intermediates for Agrochemicals.
- Infogreffe Isochem
- , Isochem cherche des chemins pour grandir, Industrie Pharma, octobre, 2010.
- , Isochem rachète la société britannique Wychem, Industrie Pharma, janvier, 2013.
- , Isochem renforce son offre en chimie fine et s'implante en Grande-Bretagne, Usine Nouvelle, juillet, 2013.
- Growing challenges of API process development in custom manufacturing, Chimica Oggi / Chemistry Today, 27, n°5, september-october, 2009.
- Hydrogenation the key?, Specialty Chemicals Magazine, juin, 2009.
- Phosgene Futures, Specialty Chemicals Magazine, November, 2011.
- , Controlled Ring Opening of N-Sulfinyl- and N-Silyl-N-Carboxyanhydrides (NCA), Synlett, 2009 (2), 279-283.
- Amino-Acid N-CarboxyAnhydrides: Industrial solutions for a growing demand, Specialty Chemicals Magazine, 28, n°5, june, 2008.
- Peptide synthesis and Fine Chemistry merging for progress, PharmaChem, novembre-december, 2004
- UNCAs - Focus on peptides & Amino-acids, Chimica Oggi / Chemistry Today, 23, n°3, june, 2005.
- La Société Isochem à la pointe du traitement des déchets, Le Courrier du Loiret, n°3439, 29 novembre 2012
- Isochem vise l'autonomie totale - Traitement des rejets, La République - Pithiviers, 29 novembre 2012.
- , Phosgene-triphosgene: different approach in risk management?, Chimica Oggi / Chemistry Today, 29, n°4, july-august, 2011.