(Redirected from Isometric (disambiguation))
|Look up isometric in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term isometric comes from the Greek for "having equal measurement".
isometric may mean:
- Isometric projection (or "isometric perspective"), a method for the visual representation of three-dimensional objects in two dimensions; a form of orthographic projection, or more specifically, an axonometric projection.
- Isometric graphics in video games and pixel art, a near-isometric parallel projection used in computer art.
- Isometry and isometric embeddings in mathematics, a distance-preserving representation of one metric space as a subset of another. Like congruence in geometry.
- Isometric exercise, a form of resistance exercise in which one's muscles are used in opposition with other muscle groups, to increase strength, for bodybuilding, physical fitness, or strength training.
- Isometre, a rhythmic technique in music.
- Isometric joystick, a type of pointing stick, a computer input option
- Isometric process, a thermodynamic process at constant volume (also isovolumetric)
- Cubic crystal system, also called isometric crystal system
- Isometric platformers, a video game genre.
- Isometric scaling, the opposite of allometry, which occurs when changes in size (during growth or over evolutionary time) do not lead to changes in proportion.
- "Isometric (Intro)", a song by Madeon from the album, Adventure
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Isometric.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.