|Focus||Poverty eradication, disaster relief, advocacy, international development, community development, emergency aid, micro-finance|
The Israel Forum for International Humanitarian Aid (IsraAID) is an Israel-based humanitarian organization that responds to emergencies all over the world with targeted help. This includes every aspect of disaster relief, from search and rescue to rebuilding communities and schools, to providing aid packages, medical assistance, and micro-financing to rebuild businesses and post-psychotrauma care. IsraAID has also been involved in an increasing number of international development projects with a focus on agriculture, medicine, and mental health.
IsraAID was founded in 2001 with the purpose of bringing together Israeli and Jewish aid organizations with expertise in the fields required to provide humanitarian aid in the wake of a disaster.
Structure and funding
IsraAID is an umbrella organization consisting of Jewish and Israeli search and rescue, medical and relief groups that provide aid worldwide to people in need, regardless of race, religion, nationality or disability. The group is chaired by Shachar Zahavi and comprises over 35 humanitarian aid organizations, youth movements, solidarity movements, and friendship societies.
2004 -- In 2004 Israel sent 150 army doctors and search and rescue teams to tsunami victims in Sri Lanka, but since Sri Lanka declined that offer, Israel instead sent a smaller number of IDF personnel along with an 82-ton planeload of relief supplies, including blankets, food, water, baby food and over nine tons of medicine. The relief effort was coordinated by IsraAID.
2005 -- Israel provided tsunami crisis relief for Sri Lanka "spearheaded" by IsraAID. A humanitarian team of 14 medical and logistical personnel was sent to Sri Lanka to help those affected by the tsunami.
2007-- Israeli volunteers went to a refugee camp on the Kenyan border to provide relief for Muslim refugees in Somalia. The Jerusalem AIDS Project, an Israeli organization under the umbrella of IsraAID which promotes HIV/AIDS education and prevention, distributed clothes for infants and toddlers. Later they would meet with IsraAID in order to purchase basic medical equipment.
The IsraAID organization, which sends help to foreign countries in need, will be sending to Myanmar a highly trained search-and-rescue team and a 10-member team of doctors and nurses. The teams will bring with them crucial supplies, including plastic sheeting, food, household appliances and water filters.
2010 -- In response to the earthquake in Haiti, IsraAID sent a 15-person search-and-rescue team, which includes emergency medical staff to Haiti. The IsraAID team set up treatment rooms to treat the injured at the collapsed main hospital in Port-au-Prince, as well as outside the city in a makeshift clinic in a football stadium, and has helped coordinate relief supply logistics. In February, IsraAID opened a child education center in February in the Pétion-Ville refugee camp, the largest refugee camp in Port-au-Prince area, together with other agencies, such as Operation Blessing. The center was set up initially in the tents from the IDF’s field hospital. 
2014 -- In July 2014, IsraAID sent a team to Washington State to help in the recovery effort after the biggest wildfire in Washington State’s history that consumed some 400 square miles and approximately 300 homes.
2016 - In August 2016, IsraAID sent a 20-member staff of search and rescue, relief and trauma specialists to the site of the August 2016 Central Italy earthquake, becoming the only foreign aid organization on the ground.
- Bellehsen, Nitsana,Saving lives in the wake of natural disasters (17 February 2010), in Israel 21c Innovation News Service, Retrieved 2010-03-04
- Jerusalem Post, IsraAid launches agricultural program in Haiti
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UN declares IsraAID clinic in Haiti a cholera treatment facility
- Tokyo Weekender, Israeli NGO Helping Japan Through Creativity
- Mission statement
- Iris, Zaker (2 April 2008). "הפרעות קשב וריכוז" (in Hebrew). BrainGames. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- IsraAID Activities, IsraAID
- Jewish Federation of North America, Israel Sends Doctors, Supplies To Aid Tsunami Victims
- Tsunami Crisis Relief for Sri Lanka
- Israel Today, Israeli medical team aids Peru earthquake victims
- "Israelis care for Muslim refugees in Somalia".
- B'nai Brith World Center an IsraAID feed Georgian Refugees
- Israeli aid teams head to a devastated country
- "Israeli doctors aid Philippines". 12 October 2009.
- IsraAID team treats injured in Haiti (January 17, 2010) in Israel 21c Innovation News Service Retrieved 2010–01–18
- IsraAID in Haiti helps treat 2,000 (January 19, 2010) in Israel 21c Innovation News Service Retrieved 2010–01–19
- Heyman, Jeffrey The resilience of the people is stronger than we expected, (10 February 2010), in Israel 21c Innovation News Service, Retrieved 2010-02-11
- "South Sudan, world's youngest nation, develops unlikely friendship with Israel". 17 May 2012.
- "Despite a war back home, Israelis feel the call to help in Pateros".
- Israeli aid organization gives relief at Italian quake epicenter By JPOST.COM STAFF \ 08/27/2016