|כימיקלים לישראל בע"מ|
|Traded as||(NYSE: ICL)(TASE: ICL)|
Number of locations
|195 Offices and plants (2012)|
|Revenue||US$ 6,672.2 million (2012)|
|$ 1,576.5 million (2012)|
|Profit||$ 1,300.5 million (2012)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
Israel Chemicals Ltd. (Hebrew: כימיקלים לישראל בע"מ), also known as ICL, is a multi-national manufacturing concern that develops, produces and markets fertilizers, metals and other special-purpose chemical products. ICL serves primarily three markets: agriculture, food and engineered materials. ICL produces approximately a third of the world’s bromine, and is the world’s sixth-largest potash producer, It is a manufacturer of specialty fertilizers and specialty phosphates, flame retardants and water treatment solutions.
As of April 2009, the company was said to be considering a bond offering to raise 500 million shekels ($122 million).
90% of ICL's sales are exports. A major player on world markets, ICL through its subsidiaries, accounts for:
- 35% of world bromine production
- 11% of world potash production and 13% of international potash trade (excluding the cross-border trade between the United States and Canada)
- 9% of western world primary magnesium consumption
- 3% of world phosphate rock production, 3% of international phosphate rock trade (excluding the cross-border trade between the US and Canada)
- One of the world’s most integrated manufacturers and suppliers of phosphate products.
ICL exports fertilizers to Europe and to numerous specialty chemical market segments. In Israel, ICL is the largest supplier of fertilizers and chemicals, as well as one of Israel's largest companies.
60% of ICL's raw products (minerals) are excavated in Israel. ICL also owns and operates underground mines in Spain, United Kingdom (North Yorkshire), China, the US and South America. Also, in Ethiopia at Danakil mine, Afar Regional State, purchased from Allana Potash Corporation.
- "New Israel Chemicals CEO: Big shoes to fill". Ha'aretz. 20 August 2012.
- "ISRAEL insider: Nir Gilad".
- "Akiva Mozes: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Businessweek. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Israel Chemicals - ownership Data".
- "Israel Chemicals Q3 report". Calcalist. Yedioth Ahronoth Group. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "Israel Chemicals teams with Vietnamese co". Globes. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Donville, Christopher (25 July 2013). "Potash Cuts Profit Forecast After Fertilizer Price Drop". Bloomberg. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "Israel Corp Limited/The (ILCO:Tel Aviv)". Businessweek. Bloomberg,com.
- "Israel Chemicals Mulls 500 Mln Shekel Bond Issue". Retrieved 12 April 2009.
- Israel Chemicals - Company Profile BusinessWeek