Israel Cleantech Ventures
|Headquarters||Ramat HaSharon, Israel|
Number of locations
Israel Cleantech Ventures is an Israeli specialized venture capital firm founded in 2006 by Glen Schwaber, Jack Levy, and Meir Ukeles. It was the first Israel focused clean technology venture capital fund intent on providing growth capital to Israel's energy, water and environmental technology sectors. It raised $75 million for its first fund in 2007 from investors that included Robeco and Piper Jaffray, as well as institutional investors and family offices.
- Aqwise — Working on increased treatment capacity and nitrogen removal in wastewater treatment plants.
- BrightView Systems — founded in 2007 to develop and bring to market process and production optimization technologies for the thin-film photovoltaic industry to enable solar-cell manufacturers to maximize panel efficiency and reliability as well as attain high-volume productivity.
- CellEra — Working on disruptive low-temperature fuel cell technology.
- CRE (Citrine Renewable Energy) — Developing systems converting biogas into high value biomethane.
- Emefcy — Utilizing microbial fuel cell (MFC) technology to produce electricity from the treatment of wastewater.
- FRX Polymers — has developed and is commercializing a family of novel non-halogenated (and therefore environmentally friendlier), transparent, high melt flowing, fire resistant plastics. FRX’s products are suitable as polymeric flame retardant additives and as “stand-alone” inherently flame retardant engineering plastics.
- Metrolight — Based in Netanya with an office in Franklin, Tennessee; the company has established products on electronic ballast solutions for HID lighting systems. It was 2008 Israeli Company of the Year at the Eagle Star Awards Gala by the American-Israeli Chamber of Commerce.
- Pythagoras Solar — Founded by Gonen Fink, Dr. Itay Baruchi, and Precede Technologies. Based in Hakfar Hayarok with an office in San Mateo, California, the start-up works with photovoltaic technology and builds "Medium" concentration solar cells using silicon.
- Scodix — leading provider of Digital Enhancement Presses for the printing industry
- Tigo Energy — hardware and software that brings new levels of power output efficiency, management and control to photovoltaic solar installations
- Israel Cleantech Ventures management profile.
- Israeli Greentech Companies Make Their Pitch, Jeff St. John, Greentech Media, November 11, 2008
- Israeli funds look to clean technologies, Jessica Steinberg, International Herald Tribune, October 18, 2008; accessed December 22, 2008.
- Aqwise company page.
- http://www.cellera.biz/ CellEra website
- ICV Portfolio Page
- Emefcy company site
- VC firms looking for next wave of innovation, Linda Bryant, Nashville Business Journal, November 23, 2007.
- Eagle Star Award company profiles
- Pythagoras Solar Company Page; accessed 22 December 2008
- 150 Solar Start Ups, Eric Wesff, Green Tech Media, December 4, 2008.