9,229 (by birth, 2011 Census)
25,778 (by ancestry, 2011 Census))
|Regions with significant populations|
|Sydney · Melbourne|
|Australian English · Hebrew · Arabic · Russian|
|Judaism is the largest faith among Israeli Australians and Israelis in general · Islam · Christianity, Druze.|
Israeli Australians refers to Australian citizens or permanent residents who are fully or partially of Israeli descent. There are about 15,000 Israelis in Australia. The majority of Israeli Australians are Jewish.
Most Israeli Australians are bilingual in Hebrew and English. There is a dedicated Hebrew language radio programme on the Special Broadcasting Service, as well as Israeli podcasts broadcast from J-Air.
- Frank Lowy - businessman
- Lior - singer and songwriter
- Yitzhak Yedid - musician
- Ghil'ad Zuckermann - linguist
- Miron Bleiberg - football (soccer) manager
- Ashley Brown - football (soccer) player Melbourne Victory
- Ohad Rein - musician
- Moria Sela - disability support worker
- Tal Barak - pastry chef
- Nitzan Ron - law student
- Liraz Jedwab - prominent solicitor, civil rights activist
- Australian Government - Department of Immigration and Border Protection. "Israeli Australians". Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Jews Down Under are on the rise, but for how long?
|This Australia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Israel-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|