Parasnath railway station
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Isri Bazar is the main market of the block and is situated on NH 02 (Grand Trunk Road). The railway station is called Parasnath on the Asansol-Gaya section of the Grand Chord. Parasnath Hills is well known for Jain temples.Parasnath is a major destination for Jain pillgrims.
As of 2001[update] India census, Isri had a population of 8,796. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Isri has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 57%. In Isri, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Jharkhand Commerce College, Dumri,
- D.A.V. Central School, ISO 9001:2008, ,
- Central Academy,
- P N D Jain High School - Isri Bazar, ,
- S.S.K.B. High School - Isri Bazar,
- Bhagat school -Isri Bazar,
- P.N. college, Dumri,
- P N D Jain Middle School -Isri Bazar,
- Concept Classes (Er. Vishal sir)-Burnwal market,Isri Chowk
- STS Computer Pro Academy
- Education point school - Isri Bazar
- Creative coaching center - Isri Bazar
- Sikkim manipal university
- Tara Modern Public School
- Sandeep Coaching Centre, Isri Bazar
- Siksha Academy, Isribazar
- Siksha classes ,bus stand, Isribazar
A number of festivals are celebrated including the following:
- Krishna janmastami
- Eid miladun-nabi
- Mahavir jayanti
- Chhat puja
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|