Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao
|Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao|
A promotional logo image of "Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao".
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||40|
|Producer(s)||Silverback (Sweden), Miditech (India)|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television (India)|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV),|
|Original release||13 July – 4 September 2009|
Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao is the Indian version of the popular British reality game show I'm a Celebrity…Get Me out of Here!. The show premiered on 13 July 2009 at 10 PM on Sony Entertainment Television (India), replacing another reality talent show Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega whose first season ended the previous week.
The show is licensed from ITV's Format, I'm a Celebrity…Get Me out of Here!. The basic concept is the same, where a group of celebrities have to survive in a jungle camp without any amenities, and must compete with each other to stay on in the show.
Every contestant gets a handful of rice and some soybean or lentils for food every three days, which is clearly not enough for survival. Therefore, they must participate in various physically challenging contests and win "food credits" for themselves and their team members. Each day, the team must nominate one participant to play in the day's contest and be the bread-winner for that day.
At the end of every week, the contestant with the least number of public votes and the contestant with the most number of elimination nominations from the participants face off in an elimination task called the "Maha Jungle Challenge". The winner of this challenge gets to stay back while the loser is eliminated from the game.
The audience can vote for their favorite participants via phone calls or SMS.
Ten Indian celebrities were chosen to participate in the first season. They were flown to Taman Negara in the rain-forests of Malaysia, where they had to stay in the jungle in an outdoor camp with little or no luxury amenities. Every contestant was allowed to carry any two luxury items of their choice, which they had to specify before the contest began. The ten celebrities were often divided into different sub-groups and made to compete among themselves every week.
Some more celebrities were introduced in later episodes as the original celebrities started getting eliminated.
The 10 original contestants were:
- Mona Wasu (winner)- Indian television actress.
- Chetan Hansraj (1st runner up)- Indian television actor.
- Anaida (2nd runner up)- 90's Pop icon
- Akashdeep Saigal- Indian Television actor.
- Aman Verma- Indian film and television actor
- Marc Robinson- Fashion director and grooming expert
- Shweta Tiwari (Quit)- Television actress and reality TV star
- Ishq Bector- Singer
- Palak Johal- Roadies fame
- Fiza Mohammad- Former wife of politician Chander Mohan. Found dead in mysterious circumstances in 2012.
The 5 wildcards were:
- Negar Khan- Model. In news for getting married to Sahil Khan
- Jay Bhanushali- Indian television and film actor
- Mika Singh- Popular singer
- Chitrashi Rawat- Indian actress
- Kashmira Shah- Reality TV star and actress
|Series||Host(s)||Launch date||Finale date||Days||Celebrities||Winner|
|Series 1||Mini Mathur and Yudhishthir Urs||13 July 2009||4 September 2009||54||15||Mona Wasu|