Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?|
Logo of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|Written by||Aakash Pandey
|Directed by||Arshad Khan
For more listings see below
|Theme music composer||Raju Singh|
|Opening theme||"Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?" By Sadhana Sargam and Javed Ali|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||398|
|Running time||20 minuten|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)
|Original release||June 6, 2011– November 30, 2012|
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (English: What can I call this love?) is an Indian daily soap opera which aired on Monday through Friday on Star Plus from 6 June 2011 to 30 November 2012. It is a drama primarily focusing on the couple Arnav Singh Raizada (Barun Sobti) and Khushi Kumaari Gupta (Sanaya Irani).
It is dubbed into Telugu as Chuppulu kalisina shubhavela, into Tamil as Idhu kadhala, into Malayalam as Mounam sammadham , and into Arabic as Men Nazra Thanya. It was remade in Bengali as Bhojena Se Bhojena and in Kannada as Aragini.
The another series of the serial titled Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?...Ek Baar Phir (English: What Do I Call This Love?... Once Again) was premiered 26 August 2013, starring Avinash Sachdev (Shlok Agnihotri) and Shrenu Parikh (Aastha Shlok Agnihotri).
The show returns for a finite series of 8 episodes on Hotstar starting 24th November 2015 after 3 years absence. The webseries will be produced by Entertainment Mafia under the Hotstar Originals brand. 
Arnav (Barun Sobti) is a rich, arrogant business tycoon with no belief in love or God. His closest emotional bond is with his sister, Anjali (Daljeet Bhanot). Khushi (Sanaya Irani) is a simple and traditional girl from Lucknow deeply rooted in family values. She believes in the strength of love, relationships, and faith in God. All three people have been deeply affected by their pasts, which has greatly influenced who they have become. After their first chance encounter, Arnav and Khushi immediately dislike each other. However, they keep meeting due to different circumstances between their two families.
Shyam, Anjali's husband, meets and falls in love with Khushi. Shyam pretends to be a loving husband and an honorable man but he secretly lusts for Khushi and remains with Anjali only for her wealth. He tricks Khushi and her family and gets engaged to her, which is broken by Khushi once she realises his true identity. Due to a misunderstanding, Arnav, prompted by Shyam, thinks Khushi loves Shyam and wants him to leave Anjali. To keep his now-pregnant sister happy, he marries Khushi thus thinking he is forcing her to separate from Shyam. He doesn't reveal his true intentions to anyone and tells Khushi it is only a 6-month marriage. Due to the misunderstanding, Arnav treats Khushi unfairly at the start of their "marriage". After a few months, Khushi and Arnav start falling in love with each other again. When Arnav decides to go on a trip overseas, he gets kidnapped. Khushi comes to his aid and they escape as well as profess their love for each other. Khushi and Arnav also remarry, and Shyam's true colours are eventually revealed to the Raizada family.
Just when the marriage seems to be back to normal, Sheetal (Arnav's friend) brings a son - Aarav, who is a carbon copy of Arnav. Khushi begins to suspect he might be Arnav's son. Later it is revealed Sheetal was a gold digger who brought in Aarav and trained him to be like Arnav only to gain access to Arnav's immense wealth. Khushi and Arnav kick Sheetal out of their lives and legally adopt Aarav from his orphanage.
Finally Khushi wins Mrs. India crown with Arnav by her side and they live a happy life together with their son Aarav.
- Main cast
- Additional cast
- Vishesh Bansal as Aarav Singh Raizada (2012)
- Daljeet Kaur as Anjali Jha(2011-2012)
- Abhaas Mehta as Shyam Manohar Jha (2011-2012)
- Deepali Pansare as Payal Gupta Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Akshay Dogra as Akash Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Karan Goddwani as Nanda Kishore (2011-2012)
- Sanjay Batra as Shashi Gupta (2011-2012)
- Tuhina Vohra/Pyumori Mehta as Garima Gupta (2011-2012)
- Abha Parmar as Madhumati Gupta (2011-2012)
- Jayshree T. as Devyani Raizada (2011-2012)
- Utkarsha Naik as Manorama Raizada (2011-2012)
- Rajesh Jais as Mahendra Raizada (2011)
- Sana Makbul as Lavanya Kashyap (2011)
- Swati Chitnis as Subhadra Devi (2012)
- Madhura Naik as Sheetal Kapoor (2012)
- Favorite Naya Sadasya (Male) - Arnav Singh Raizada
- Favourite Jodi - Arnav and Khushi
- Favourite International Jodi - Arnav and Khushi
- Favourite Mazedar Sadasya - Manorama Singh Raizada
- Favourite Dushman - Abhaas Mehta
- Most Stylish Sadasya Award - Arnav Singh Raizada
- Best Actor in a Lead Role (Male) - Barun Sobti 
At the 2012 People's Choice Awards India it won:
- Favorite TV Drama Actor - Barun Sobti 
- Favorite Most Good Looking On-Screen Jodi (TV) – Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani 
At the 2012 Indian Television Academy Awards it won:
- Best Actor Popular - Barun Sobti 
At the 2012 Star Parivaar Awards  it was nominated for:
- Favourite Pita - Sanjay Batra
- Favourite Beti - Sanaya Irani
At the 2012 Global Indian Film and TV Honours it was nominated for:
- Best Jodi - Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani
At the 2012 Indian Telly Awards it was nominated for:
- TV Personality of the Year - Barun Sobti
- Best Actor in Negative Role - Abhaas Mehta
- "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Episode Recaps". Starplus. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Fans are comparing me with Barun Avinash Sachdev". Times of India. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- "Popular TV actors making a comeback - The Times of India". The Times of India. https://plus.google.com/117150671992820587865. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon comes back on Hotstar". Indian Television Dot Com. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "Star Parivaar Awards 2012: And the winners are... – TV – Indian TV – ibnlive". Mumbai: IBN Live. 26 March 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "2012 Nominees – Global Honours". The Global Indian Film and Television Honours. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "Global Honours 2012 - The Global Indian Film and TV Honours Awards 2012". Globalhonours.in. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "2012 And the winners are...". People's Choice Awards India. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 - Popular Top-5".
- "2011 Winners". tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Indian Telly Awards".