Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?|
Logo of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
|Written by||Aakash Pandey
|Directed by||Arshad Khan
For more listings see below
|Theme music composer||Raju Singh|
|Opening theme||"Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?" By Sadhana Sargam and Javed Ali|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||12|
|No. of episodes||406|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)
|Original release||Television Series
6 June 2011 – 30 November 2012
24 November 2015 – 15 December 2015
Restart Television Series
March 2016 – April 2016
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (English: What Name Do I Give To This Love?) is an Indian daily soap opera that aired weekdays on Star Plus from 6 June 2011 until 30 November 2012. The show primarily focused on the love story of Arnav Singh Raizada (Barun Sobti) and Khushi Kumari Gupta (Sanaya Irani). It has been dubbed into Tamil as Idhu Kadhala, Telugu as Chuppulu Kalisina Shubhavela, Malayalam as Mounam Sammadham , Turkish as "Bir Garip Ask"and Arabic as Men Nazra Thanya. The series inspired several international remakes, which include Bohjena Se Bohjena (Bengali), and Aragini (Kannada) . The show airs in Vietnam under the title, Mối tình kỳ lạ on HTV3.
On 24 November 2015, Hotstar launched a finite web series of eight episodes to commemorate the original show. It's about their three years being together. The series was produced by Entertainment Mafia, with Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani reprising their respective roles as Arnav and Khushi. On February 3rd reports had said because of the online series becoming a hit, the producers are going to start a 30 episode series with the original cast on Star Plus. Which will air in March 2016.
Arnav Singh Raizada (Barun Sobti) is a rich, arrogant tycoon who owns the extravagant AR Fashion House and has no belief in love or God. His closest emotional bond is with his sister, Anjali (Daljeet Bhanot), and he has become glacial after his parent's death. After he fires his secretary, Khushi Kumari Gupta (Sanaya Irani) becomes his provisional assistant. She is a simple, traditional girl with etiquette and goodwill, but Arnav perceives her as illiterate and greedy due to her commoner background. Khushi is also an orphan, but she believes in the power of love and maintains a strong faith in God. In spite of their constant arguments, both are attracted to each other. Shyam (Abhaas Mehta), Anjali's husband, lusts for Khushi after their chance encounter. Shyam has convinced Anjali that he loves her but remains her husband only for her wealth. He deceives Khushi's family and convinces them to get her engaged to him, much to the chagrin of Arnav, who is in denial of the feelings he has developed for Khushi. She happens to discover Shyam's connivance and breaks their engagement in disgust. Shyam retaliates by causing Arnav to believe that Khushi loves him and wants him to leave Anjali, who has recently learned that she is pregnant. To save his sister from distress, Arnav forcibly marries Khushi, who is oblivious of his misunderstanding, with the impression that he is separating her from Shyam. He discloses to only her that their temporary marriage is a six month contract and expresses hostility towards her. Eventually, the duo realize that they share a bond of love, which is put to test when Shyam has Arnav kidnapped. Khushi rescues him by endangering her life, after which Arnav discovers the truth behind her relationship with Shyam. Anjali removes Shyam from her life when his immorality is disclosed in front of the entire family. Khushi and Arnav are contentedly remarried with the proper rituals and celebration, after which Arnav's ex-girlfriend Sheetal disrupts their lives by implying that Arnav is the father of her son Aarav. This is soon revealed to be a fastidious hoax, with Sheetal having adopted Aarav in an attempt to acquire Arnav's wealth. She is imprisoned for her crimes while Khushi and Arnav adopt Aarav and are united as a happy family.Then Khushi becomes Mrs India.
- Main cast
- Additional cast
- Vishesh Bansal as Aarav Singh Raizada (2012)
- Daljeet Kaur as Anjali Raizada(2011-2012)
- Abhaas Mehta as Shyam Manohar (2011-2012)
- Deepali Pansare as Payal Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Akshay Dogra as Akash Singh Raizada (2011-2012)
- Karan Goddwani as Nanda Kishore (2011-2012)
- Sanjay Batra as Shashi Gupta (2011-2012)
- Tuhina Vohra/Pyumori Mehta as Garima Gupta (2011-2012)
- Abha Parmar as Madhumati Gupta (2011-2012)
- Jayshree T. as Devyani Raizada (2011-2012)
- Utkarsha Naik as Manorama Raizada (2011-2012)
- Rajesh Jais as Mahendra Raizada (2011)
- Sana Makbul as Lavanya Kashyap (2011)
- Swati Chitnis as Subhadra Devi (2012)
- Madhura Naik as Sheetal Kapoor (2012)
2012 Star Parivaar Awards
- Favorite Jodi- Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani
- Favorite International Jodi - Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani
- Favorite Naya Sadasya Male -Barun Sobti
- Favorite Dushman - Abhaas Metha
- Favorite Mazedaar Sadasya - Utkarsha Naik
- Favorite Stylish Sadasya - Barun Sobti 
2012 People's Choice Awards India it won:
- Favorite TV Drama Actor - Barun Sobti 
- Favorite Most Good Looking On-Screen Jodi (TV) – Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani 
At the 2012 Indian Television Academy Awards it won:
- Best Actor Popular - Barun Sobti 
At the 2012 Indian Telly Awards it was nominated for:
- TV Personality of the Year - Barun Sobti
- Best Actor in Negative Role - Abhaas Mehta
- "Popular TV actors making a comeback - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti back in IPKKND". The International Business Times. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "2012 SPA- the winners are...". Star Parivaar Awards India. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- "2012 And the winners are...". People's Choice Awards India. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 - Popular Top-5".
- "2011 Winners". tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Indian Telly Awards".